Mixing Peco code 75 points and Peco BH plain track

Space constraints prevent me from using the BH points.

I have searched the forum for suitable photos which show code 75 points connected to BH track - but without success.

I’m sure they’re there, I just haven’t turned them up!

So, could I ask please, what are colleagues opinions on a mix of the two given the sleeper differences?

Does the result jar or is it tolerable?

Also, if a location for suitable photos should spring to mind, I would be very grateful to be directed there.

Thanks in anticipation

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

The BH points are made to the same (flawed) geometry as the Code 75 FB, so I am not sure that I understand your difficulty as they take up exactly the same space.

There are only the "large" radius available at the moment, but "medium" radius are going to be available shortly.

If you are using 2' "small" radius points, I am not sure that you are not better sticking with the Code 75 FB for its overall better proportions (even if it is HO).

You might like to take a look at SMP plastic-based 3' radius points. Those are very compact.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
Add
  • Agree 1

Third track up is a code 75 medium attached to bullhead each end.

yes the spacing between two he two looks a bit weird. This is part of my fiddle yard so won’t be seen, but I’m not sure I’d be that keen to mix them normally unless the ballast could be done to cover the issue 

EB2528C9-927C-4D3F-86E6-145BA911F3C9.jpeg

• Agree 1