Port Eden- a rundown seaside miniature line

Ben B

• 4 weeks later...

You might say that using toy items isn't proper modelling but then what you have done follows your brief to the letter. You have set out to model a beach railway and it looks great. The fact that you used toys doesn't matter, but it is the end result that matters. I think you have pulled it off considering you didn't give yourself a lot of time.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Regarding the use of 'toys': if I remembered every bit of prejudice and unsubstantiated opinion I have endured in the last forty years and applied them to cake box competition entries, I am sure I would not have been able to allow myself to vote for any of them or indeed enter the competition.

One of the beauties of the cake box rounds is the provision of simple rules, formulated to keep the entries down to size and with some kind of relevance to railways and model railways.

Your diorama is a good model, full of life. The parts you have used look pretty much ideal to the task in hand and there is no way the model suffers from using toys. I like the model, but I actually liked all of the entries. They have different merits, but the merits are the things evident from the inputs from the builder, working unconstrained by restrictive rules.

- Richard.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say thanks for the positive replies to the model, especially as it's my first project here on RMWeb- I did enjoy building it, and it's prompted me to have another go in the next, Industry topic.  So thanks again for the positivity and the feedback, much appreciated.