Ruston & Hornsby 0-6-0DE announced in OO by Kernow, Heljan & Model Rail.

bubbles2

On 21/01/2021 at 00:10, Michael Hodgson said:

Is that speedo linkage going to be robust enough not to fall apart in use? 

It's a mechanical lubricator arm. Ruston's were fervently attached to such things, even if by the late 50's these type of fittings were considered old hat. 

Paul A. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/08/2021 at 19:09, No Decorum said:

Are we sure that the running numbers were white when they were in green livery or were they in departmental 'straw' yellow?    Maybe it's because they were always rather grubby when I saw them and it is obviously avery long tome ago but those white running numbers seem to stand out too much?  I know the one at Fairwater definitely looks to have white running numbers (Page 1 of this thread) but did the colour change at some time?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 08/07/2020 at 16:39, Mark Saunders said:

Any word on the industrial ones from Heljan?

just got an email from Hattons about the Heljan models

https://www.hattons.co.uk/directory/versiondetails/4831/heljan_oo_0_6_0de_ruston_165_pwm_#models

website says

'Due into stock between October 2022 & December 2022'

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, cambo74 said:

Any news on how you order the model rail ones - really want 97651 in Departmental Yellow but cant find any info about how to order it .....

They will be available to order on the Model Rail Offers website in due course.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rails have advised that stock of the two industrial versions, yellow and NCB green, have arrived with Heljan in Denmark, so expected soon with retailers who buy direct from Heljan. I assume if these have been manufactured, the Kernow/Model Rail BR departmental version will also have been manufactured and shipped.

Edited by rembrow
Addition
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday my latest Model Rail hit the mat (always a good read - I have every edition).

I can confirm that orders for their limited edition models are now live and I have ordered the BR Blue one, and one of the BR Engineer's Yellow ones.

I think these liveries will be really popular so don't hang around if you want one.

The order form did ask for my Model Rail membership number, bit of an online faff (just me & IT) but got it sorted and order competed.

Price is £169.00 per unit.

Next18 decoder required if you want to run on DCC.

• Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

Can't wait to see these fellas ! 

Will you be able to buy them from any Heljan retailer ? 

There are particular livery versions exclusive to Model Rail and to Kernow MRC which will only be available from those sources. Other versions in industrial liveries will be offered by Heljan through retailers. 

• Thanks 1