LMS(MR) Diag 336 Single plank wagon - MM1 Models kit

ianwales

Just purchased one of these kits in 7mm, a couple of questions before I start building, any photos on the web or anywhere showing insignia and running numbers for this wagon in LMS days, also, included in the parts are 2 door bangers, but, the one plank side seems to be fixed not hinged so I presume these are surplus?

Ian

Ian,

Midland Rly Dia 336 is illustrated in 'AN ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF MIDLANDS WAGONS' by R.J.Essery, Volume One.

You are correct in assuming that the door bangers are not required for this kit.There are a number of photographs of Midland, LMS, and BR wagons, early ones with single side brakes, later ones with brakes both sides, in this book.

There is a further anomaly with this kit as all the illustrations make no reference to bolsters.  Midland Rly double bolster wagons were to Dia 339 and 339a, both of which were 15' wheelbase against the 14'7" of Dia 336. The Dia 339 & 339a were also longer at 28' over the buffers.

All the illustrations copyright so I cannot copy them here, but if you define your livery era I will attempt to find a wagon number to suit.

John