40 or 40HC?

I'm 90% sure this was a fictitious brand for the film or associated with one of the departments making the film, but it looks legitimate enough! Can't work out if that's a 40ft or 40ft hc container though. Despite it being loaded onto the lorry at a port, I suspect the box is actually an American domestic box so I'm not relying on the lack of obvious hc warning marks.

14186.jpg.29f7c6284093ce3511ca0249a9930ca2.jpg

Any thoughts boys and girls? I'm tempted to make a transfer up for one but want the sizing to be right.

Had a look at this, and on the moviemistakes.com site too.

Perhaps need to see more of the text on the rear doors, but just from looking at the picture wondering if it is a 48' box, in which case it would be 9'6" tall, and thus a US domestic container.

Out of interest in this part of the world (Australia) there are quite a lot of (I assume domestic) 9'10" containers as that is the equivalent of 3 metres in Metric.

28 minutes ago, dvdlcs said:

Had a look at this, and on the moviemistakes.com site too.

Perhaps need to see more of the text on the rear doors, but just from looking at the picture wondering if it is a 48' box, in which case it would be 9'6" tall, and thus a US domestic container.

Out of interest in this part of the world (Australia) there are quite a lot of (I assume domestic) 9'10" containers as that is the equivalent of 3 metres in Metric.

Got the DVD somewhere, will see if I can move frame by frame and find a clear door shot.

I'm going on the assumption it's not a 48' domestic because of the way they're built; from watching far too many YouTube clips of American double stack trains, the domestic boxes longer than 40' have the 40' mounting positions then extensions on each end to increase the length (same as 45' do) but the container in the clip doesn't have that type of build.

Not noticed a 9'10'' over here before but will keep an eye out.

On 04/10/2019 at 20:53, Satan's Goldfish said:

Got the DVD somewhere, will see if I can move frame by frame and find a clear door shot.

I'm going on the assumption it's not a 48' domestic because of the way they're built; from watching far too many YouTube clips of American double stack trains, the domestic boxes longer than 40' have the 40' mounting positions then extensions on each end to increase the length (same as 45' do) but the container in the clip doesn't have that type of build.

Not noticed a 9'10'' over here before but will keep an eye out.

You are quite right now that you mention it - the longer containers (45', 48', and 53') all have mount points at the 40' mark with the rest overhanging. So it would be a 40' box then.

7 hours ago, dvdlcs said:

You are quite right now that you mention it - the longer containers (45', 48', and 53') all have mount points at the 40' mark with the rest overhanging. So it would be a 40' box then.

Finally had a closer look at this. This is about the best image I can get of the doors for a code... it's not very useful!

Screenshot_20191006-193238_YouTube.jpg.842ccbc98a9fe64a74091785de259dad.jpg

Watching the clip though, I'm thinking it's a standard height 40ft. There's enough detail shown for box colour and letter style at least.

I agree now, more likely to be a 42G1 than a 45G1 as the latter would normally have Hi-Cube (or similar) markings.

Looks like there would be an ID in the upper left corner of the side of the box (above and left of the first R) but no way of picking that out from a still.

• Like 2