Scalescenes T030 Container Ship

MalcT

• RMweb Gold

Very nice looking model there. Well done on your first Scalescenes kit. Look forward to see it docked on a new layout! I have several Scalescenes kits on my layout, but nothing quite as grand as yours!

Ian

It demonstrates nice, clean and sharp modelling, especially the bridge area, not often seen on paper clad/card structures where corners are sometimes not always sharp and can look a little loose.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

I think building the bulkhead most difficult, getting the pieces correct and square, but as it was my first built kit and these were the first parts to be built maybe that's why. I also found the fitting of the stern piece needed some trimming and testing to fit ideally,  The instructions are very clear to follow stating which pieces need medium or thick card.The time consuming bit is glueing the printed papers to card then cutting out the relevant pieces.

Yes I will be adding handling equipment and am currently looking at the Bachmann and Kibri models.

I have about built about 100 containers - 20ft and 40ft. These I bought from Goodwood Scenics - they have  good variety available.

MalcT

• 3 months later...

Just to say "congratulations" on your ship build! That is one monster of a card kit to tackle, especially as a first build! I have several of John's ship kits to build -- I am "cutting my teeth" on his buildings first to develop my skills before tackling them, so once again I am in awe of your results! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Steve S

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

An update on my docks area. I've built the Kibri Container Gantry Crane and after laying the concrete hardstanding added the crane's running rails and placed in layout:

CON051.JPG.cb34e4865f0c8856bc5678fa57bc4799.JPG

LOC003.JPG.0a56ea0b02bd4ce86a4a0713e54ee4ea.JPG

CON061.JPG.5eccd36d9ea260ef55e64974b6da6317.JPG

Still a lot of work to do in this area

• Like 7