Model Trees

woko

Just now, woko said:

I have some seeds to i want to plant up, have you started yours yet? What do you need any ideas much appreciated 

Im starting them off in compost "westland" its got added feed

there on sunny window sill...

2 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Im starting them off in compost "westland" its got added feed

there on sunny window sill...

Cheers, i forgot i had bought a bunch of these seeds to try out, I might kick these off this week, they are just surface sown is that right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woko said:

Cheers, i forgot i had bought a bunch of these seeds to try out, I might kick these off this week, they are just surface sown is that right? 

Yer for now,then when bigger I pot them up into large tubs in the green house..

3 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Yer for now,then when bigger I pot them up into large tubs in the green house..

Cool thanks, keep us all posted how it goes, I will give this a try to, I have a bunch more trees to make :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, woko said:

Sorry haven’t been on this in a while: the seafoam is from gaugemaster, about 20 squid a box I believe, I have tried the WWS stuff, and it wasn’t as good, a lot of useless squashed bits I found, the fuller less squashed seafoam works best for nicer looking trees! I need to work on scribbing the bark next time.

Thanks for that. I haven't actually bought any from WWS! As you said the Gaugemaster sell it and it is good. My local model shop in Newton Abbot (Bekra...no connections..!) sells it for around £18 a box and it is good quality stuff.

• RMweb Gold
On 20/04/2020 at 02:48, saxokid said:

Im trying to grow this stuff at the min in the green house,seamoss worked treat last year...

Di you have details of the seeds and where we might get some? 

Cheers, 

Rob 

1 hour ago, Re6/6 said:

Thanks for that. I haven't actually bought any from WWS! As you said the Gaugemaster sell it and it is good. My local model shop in Newton Abbot (Bekra...no connections..!) sells it for around £18 a box and it is good quality stuff.

Cheers John 18 squid a box is good price for sure

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Cheers, 

Rob 

Hey Rob, it was a while back I bought them, i think I just googled it, i will see if i can dig them out later on which nursery i bought them from, I do remember them being very cheap, and I got something like 500 so room for plenty of errors :)

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woko said:

Hey Rob, it was a while back I bought them, i think I just googled it, i will see if i can dig them out later on which nursery i bought them from, I do remember them being very cheap, and I got something like 500 so room for plenty of errors :)

That would useful, thanks. Not sure what I'd do with 500, mind you......but then again.......

Rob  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

That would useful, thanks. Not sure what I'd do with 500, mind you......but then again.......

Rob  

Hey Rob i took a gander and its Chiltern Seeds, they seemed pretty reasonable, but this a while ago, if you need to know anything else just ping me! 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, woko said:

Hey Rob i took a gander and its Chiltern Seeds, they seemed pretty reasonable, but this a while ago, if you need to know anything else just ping me! 

Tidy. 

I will have look. 

Cheers, 

Rob.  

15 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Cheers, 

Rob 

I tend to grow these every year from the last years crop seeds.

done this for many years :good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...