70s Industrial steam

• RMweb Premium

Another general question ....the wagon behind the one being tipped is the other way around and the ones in the rake entering the yard are all mixed up, so, was there a wagon turntable somewhere or did the tipper work in different directions ?

Have wondered this before having seen earlier photos on the thread.

Regards,

Ian.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Another general question ....the wagon behind the one being tipped is the other way around and the ones in the rake entering the yard are all mixed up, so, was there a wagon turntable somewhere or did the tipper work in different directions ?

Regards,

Ian.

This style of tipper was often composed of two tilting platforms, one facing each way, and tipping on to a common conveyor belt. Crafty, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 03060 said:

Regards,

Ian.

It doesn't really answer you question, but this picture shows the same tippler, but with two wagons in different directions.

093 Corralls Wharf Southampton 10.71

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks montyburns56 , 

Another great picture, it does answer the question in that the positions of the buffer stop blocks are both at the tailgate end of the wagons which 'suggests' the tipping direction of each mechanism, ie into a central point. I wonder if the wagons were arranged end to end and shunted on in pairs to suit this type of tipper ? I'll check back through some of the other photos both in this thread and the 16ton Mineral thread.

Much appreciated,

Ian.

Edited by 03060

3 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Thanks montyburn56, 

Another great picture, it does answer the question in that the positions of the wheel stop blocks are both at the tailgate end of the wagons which 'suggests' the tipping direction of each mechanism, ie into a central point. I wonder if the wagons were arranged end to end and shunted on in pairs to suit this type of tipper ? I'll check back through some of the other photos both in this thread and the 16ton Mineral thread.

Much appreciated,

Ian.

would you prat about to sort wagons out like this when the tippler is designed to work wagons positioned either way!

• RMweb Premium

The wagon arrangements in the first few pictures taken at Coralls Wharf suggest that they did as alternate pairs of wagons are white stripe to white stripe. I take your point, time is money (and I'm a Yorkshireman ;)) I'd always assumed that wagon lift tables were single wagon only.

Cheers,

Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 03060 said:

Thanks montyburns56 , 

Another great picture, it does answer the question in that the positions of the buffer stop blocks are both at the tailgate end of the wagons which 'suggests' the tipping direction of each mechanism, ie into a central point. I wonder if the wagons were arranged end to end and shunted on in pairs to suit this type of tipper ? I'll check back through some of the other photos both in this thread and the 16ton Mineral thread.

Much appreciated,

Ian.

If you look at the stop blocks I think you will see that they are hinged independently and can be moved clear and used for whichever way is wanted.

Edited by highpeakman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Fat Controller said:

This style of tipper was often composed of two tilting platforms, one facing each way, and tipping on to a common conveyor belt. Crafty, eh?

Thanks, this is what I am seeing from the evidence in all of the pictures. :good_mini:

Have also just found a thread on here by Ruston concerning different types of wagon tipplers (for coal depots and power stations) which shows a model of this type of tippler in action.

It gives an added dimension to the shunting operations at the very least. Thanks for all of the replies.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Extra info added.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

To celebrate the forthcoming EFE Rail model I thought I'd post some more pictures of the Comrie No.19 yellow peril....

NCB Hunslet Austerity No 19 crosses the A907 road at Comrie village

Comrie Colliery 19

No.19 at Comrie Colliery

No.19 at Comrie Colliery

That first picture with the train at the level crossing is my copyright and I do't recall giving you permission to post it. Had you asked then I would probably given it but as you didn't, I'd like you to take it down please ASAP.

The site it came from asked me if he could could use it.

Douglas

Edited by drjcontroller
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

That first picture with the train at the level crossing is my copyright and I do't recall giving you permission to post it. Had you asked then I would probably given it but as you didn't, I'd like you to take it down please ASAP.

The site it came from asked me if he could could use it.

Douglas

He has not posted the photo only a link to the photo on flickr were its hosted 

• RMweb Premium

1 hour ago, mozzer models said:

He has not posted the photo only a link to the photo on flickr were its hosted 

Not on my screen it isn't.  I see the photos, not links (which if I click on the photos, it goes to).

Tut tut

• Agree 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, drjcontroller said:

It shows in that format because of the share settings you have chosen on your Flickr account so please don't go barking at other people who are utilising the tools enabled.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It shows in that format because of the share settings you have chosen on your Flickr account so please don't go barking at other people who are utilising the tools enabled.

My settings are "no downloads" and "no sharing". I don't think I was barking, it was a polite request in my view.

Think I've got to the bottom of it, the picture above was from another Flickr site who I had allowed to use the picture, maybe that site's settings are different to mine :D.

Edited by drjcontroller
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
Just now, drjcontroller said:

My settings are "no downloads" and "no sharing".

Reading further in your response it's been linked, appropriately, from the person you gave consent to publish it so you'll need to sort it out with them.

I will support people's copyright claims but I will also tell them when they've left themselves exposed, often through lack of understanding how systems work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

36 minutes ago, drjcontroller said:

My settings are "no downloads" and "no sharing". I don't think I was barking, it was a polite request in my view.

Think I've got to the bottom of it, the picture above was from another Flickr site who I had allowed to use the picture, maybe that site's settings are different to mine :D.

that why the link turns in to a pic

Edited by mozzer models

On 05/08/2020 at 19:43, montyburns56 said:

To celebrate the forthcoming EFE Rail model I thought I'd post some more pictures of the Comrie No.19 yellow peril....

What or who are EFE Rail and what model are you referring to?