7mm Dinghams Question

Jack

I had them running on our latest layout "WC Boggs and Son" this weekend just gone. Mixed results. The wagons were set up on a flat straight piece of track before the show. The loco's on the other hand were a little bit more of an issue. The Springside Pecket not a problem, Springside Manning Wardell  required thicker buffers as even with the short coupling it pushed against the next coupling rather than the buffers. The Dapol terrier was a little more problematic. The height of the buffer beam is lower than that of a standard wagon. This meant that the couplings just ran under those of the wagons. Also we did get some binding over the tight curves on the 16ft wagons as there buffers were a little long.

Marc 

12 hours ago, O-Gauge-Phil said:

Dinghams tend to be very susceptible to changes in height so I store my wagons with bits of toilet roll tubes over the buffers and couplings.   I have one wagon that is the master and all stock is set against this.

Phil

I use Dinghams extensively, but not with magnets. I built a coupler height jig to check accuracy once fitted to wagons

P1000698a.JPG

P1000701a.JPG

• Like 2