Dapol announce O Gauge Class 66

Hilux5972

Was there ever any PLANNED announcement when the original statement was posted, or was it just with a view to making an announcement based on the marketing requests by enthusiastic modellers within this thread, up to the 'appointed hour'?

Just a thought!!

Al.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23 October 2019 at 08:54, Owd Bob said:

....  a 142 Pacer...is that just crazy or wishful thinking :crazy_mini:

A Pacer would be appropriate in Northern Rail territory for MIOG show

Passengers heads nodding in agreement  ???????

• Funny 1

On 18/10/2019 at 11:25, Sun Chariot said:

If its a BIG announcement it must be a Class 66. As all the liveries eventually seep out it could go on selling for years

If it then DCKits/Legomanbiffo's new 66 project and EM2 Speakers will be a cracker in this shed.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
error
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Defo an O-Gauge 68 I reckon.

Queue Accura and an O-Gauge TPE Mk.5 set.

You run into the same problem as an HST model though, who has the space?   5 73' coaches takes you into just over 8' plus the Class 68.  You could perhaps shrink it to 3 coaches (2 + driving trailer) but that is still 5' plus the Class 68.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Can't remember if its been thought of earlier, but how about a GWR Streamlined Railcar, they've got the research for the OO model, perhaps Dapol want to get it out before the Heljan angles effort?

The announcement is being made at a modern image show.

If they planned to release that, I expect they would leave it a further 3 weeks for Warley.

66's are everywhere, must admit, including a banker for Britannia / Iron Duke this last weekend!!

67's from what I'm seeing on 'media' seem no more frequent or popular than the much better looking, more interesting 68.

Someone's termed the phrase 'modern Deltic', for the 68, which is perhaps early, but it does seem to have an extraordinary following.

Al.

5 hours ago, AeBor said:

Not likely to announce a J94 or other steam locomotive at a modern image show unless they were fitted with a diesel or electric engine 

I think youre right about it not being a steam loco, but the austerity/j94 Could be argued to be a modern loco, still being built in 1964 and still working in 1984 they outlived many so called modern image diesels and electrics.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

I think youre right about it not being a steam loco, but the austerity/j94 Could be argued to be a modern loco, still being built in 1964 and still working in 1984 they outlived many so called modern image diesels and electrics.

And it'll have an electric motor in it!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1