Charlie Strong Metals (and Watery Lane Sidings)

• Ruston changed the title to Charlie Strong Metals (and Watery Lane Sidings)
14 minutes ago, Ruston said:

A busy scene from yesterday evening's playing with the trainset operating session.

MBsidings-031.jpg.50a33d6b618a95390be8b9e82d5a1044.jpg

Polly Gray has brought down 10 loaded wagons from the scrapyard and is propelling five into the loop. The BR 350 has drawn forward into the shed siding after leaving seven empties. The Barclay will draw the empties forward, allowing the BR loco to move off toward Watery Lane bridge, after which the empties will be propelled after it to leave the brake van in the loop.

The empties will be placed in the siding, in front of the Shocvans and the remaining empties moved to join the others. Once the scrapyard loco is clear, the 350 will propel the brake van to the rear of its train, run-round and propel the train onto the waiting brake van. When the BR shunter has coupled up and connected the pipes of any vac-fitted wagons, the train will be ready to leave.

Meanwhile, the scrapyard loco has pulled the empties out of the siding and will take them into the yard.

Hi Dave,

You got it right first time !

Gibbo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/12/2020 at 11:27, Ruston said:

I don't usually post box-opening but I've got one of these. The box was opened (No, I didn't produce a tedious video!), the loco was run up and down on DC, and it was then pulled apart for a repaint.

Katie01.jpg.fdbc7efa233a19d915ce14557eb17937.jpg

Taking an expense dinky 4 wheeled item like that out of the box and pulling it apart forth with, deserves a round of applause in my book. At least it had one go on your train set layout!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Taking an expense dinky 4 wheeled item like that out of the box and pulling it apart forth with, deserves a round of applause in my book. At least it had one go on your train set layout!

It's had more than one go now. It became the CEGB loco and has also got sound fitted.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I did print out a menu to go on the trailer but lost it. I'll have to make another.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Baked beans and spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

That’s all you need: copy, paste, and reduce to 4mm scale, surrounded by hairy Vikings.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

6 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Baked beans and spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

Spam.

That’s all you need: copy, paste, and reduce to 4mm scale, surrounded by hairy Vikings.

I somehow doubt that this kind of carry on/out goes on even in the rougher areas of Brum.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54mm-Viking-with-prey-Professional-Painted-miniature-1-32-Scale/264773054530?hash=item3da5b43042:g:FjUAAOSwas9daS1g

Gibbo.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

The hot food caravan outside the officebin leeds did a full mashings breakfast in a bun.. bacon, sausage, spam, egg, beans, skinless mice and mushrooms.. tasty but not good for the waist line..

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

The hot food caravan outside the officebin leeds did a full mashings breakfast in a bun.. bacon, sausage, spam, egg, beans, skinless mice and mushrooms.. tasty but not good for the waist line..

Baz

I'm a poor Lanky bloke.
What's a skinless mouse Barry??

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Baz

How big was the bun?:o:wacko:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Dick the Burger Man in Chelmsford did an "Animal Burger".

Burger, hot dog, bacon, egg, cheese, mushroom, pineapple, onions, maybe more, but I can't remember - it helped if you'd had a few beers first ! It must have pushed me over the edge - I've been vegetarian for the last 30 years..

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Stop it! You're making me feel hungry!

And now for something completely different...

Two of the lorry mechanics have traded in their old bangers for two of Cowley's finest. That is, if you could call an Allegro fine.

cars-013.jpg.1910408c15ee7709c81975e017baf08e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

49 minutes ago, Ruston said:

Stop it! You're making me feel hungry!

And now for something completely different...

Two of the lorry mechanics have traded in their old bangers for two of Cowley's finest. That is, if you could call an Allegro fine.

cars-013.jpg.1910408c15ee7709c81975e017baf08e.jpg

Sorry Dave,

Gibbo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

I HAVE to get me a couple of those Maxis!  I was carried around in them for the first 15 years of my life; our third and last one was a V-reg in that blue colour.

My dad had one, a W-reg 1750. I used to drive it whenever he wanted a lift anywhere and it could go like the clappers, with a 20-year old lunatic behind the wheel! I don't think he ever knew how much I thrashed it when on my own. I'm not sure he ever found out where 5th gear was. :D

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1