Wakefield RMS 2019

sir douglas

Last call for Wakefield 2019. Open 10 am to 4.30 pm today Thornes Park Sports Centre. 300 car park spaces available. Please note we have no control over disabled car park spaces in the adjacent car park. This is my final day as Exhibition Manager in the present structure. May I take this opportunity of thanking all the exhibitors and traders I have had the pleasure of welcoming over the past 5 years and for bringing your layouts and goods to the show. Without your endeavours there would be no show. 

• Like 5

On 16/11/2019 at 15:48, black and decker boy said:

I hope you come and see our shunting plank, Kirkmellington, nonetheless even with its geometric assemblies of RTR 16Ts and various RTR modern image locos portrayed in typical 1970s pre TOPS condition along with RTR buildings. As a treat, we do also have non RTR, non Modern Image locos and rolling stock and many non RTR building to admire.

On 16/11/2019 at 16:24, Bomag said:

Its a very nice layout, although I would disagree that it is a shunting 'plank', going from some of the planks near you any more than two points is considered extravagant! It also scores over Calderwood by your stock staying on the track and not needing the dreaded finger.

I enjoyed the layouts I expected to enjoy, including Staindrop, and noted NO derailments or finger-poking on Calderwood during a long period of viewing. I was also pleased to see Wolf Lowe and some of the modelling on Hindlow. I deliberately had a look at Kirkmellington and was glad to see that it was not in the mould of "train set geometric regularity", did not feature "boxes on wheels in gaudy colours" but did feature wooden bodied elderly mineral wagons along with a not commonly seen tank engine with Giesel ejector plus nicely "natural" structures, scenics and stock weathering. Definitely one of the better representations of the "not to my taste" post-1940 railway.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, enginelane said:

This is my final day as Exhibition Manager in the present structure. May I take this opportunity of thanking all the exhibitors and traders I have had the pleasure of welcoming over the past 5 years and for bringing your layouts and goods to the show. Without your endeavours there would be no show. 

Being an exhibition manager is a thankless task.. when it goes well.. everyone has sorted it... if it goes less well..It is all your fault!

Baz

Wakefield 2019 is now closed even though a Facebook page said we are open tonight and tomorrow evening. Very pleased with visitor numbers and the number of families attending. Thanks to all club members and associate members for all your hard work and thanks to all who attended. 

Kirkmellington is now home and unloaded after a somewhat soggy drive down the M1.

a big thank you to Steve, Ol and the members of WRMS for the hospitality (and ‘L’ operator who passed basic training), it’s been a great weekend.

thank you also for the recognition with the Visitors Cup, a surprising award but very much our privilege to receive.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Likewise Stafford Railway Circles layout is now back at the clubroom and I’m back home at 22:00 after a very enjoyable weekend as one of the Whiteacreas operators 

A big thank you too Wakefield Model Railway Club for inviting us along.

I hope we get the chance to exhibit there again in the future with another of the club or club members layouts

Time for a long kip 

Eltel 

• Thanks 1

It was good to see Whiteacres after its mods. I assume you have split the electrics to avoid a short knocking out the whole thing. It certainly reacted better and was good to see the procession of trains unabated by any minor hiccups. A real crowd pleaser.

i also really liked Euxton Balshaw Lane , a work in progress but much to delight about already. The pair of 86s with sound was my personal fave!

A great show all round.

• Like 1

Euxton Junction was back in the clubroom last night after an excellent weekend and it was back to work again today. Many thanks  to Steve and his team from WMRC who made us feel really welcome and put on a great exhibition.

We were surprised, but pleased, to receive  an award for the layout which added to the overall weekend.

Looking forward to returning next year with another layout.

Cheers

Jeremy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, black and decker boy said:

It was good to see Whiteacres after its mods. I assume you have split the electrics to avoid a short knocking out the whole thing. It certainly reacted better and was good to see the procession of trains unabated by any minor hiccups. A real crowd pleaser.

i also really liked Euxton Balshaw Lane , a work in progress but much to delight about already. The pair of 86s with sound was my personal fave!

A great show all round.

The main work has been has been to completely rewire  the fiddle yards after re alignment of the storage tracks.

When the fiddle yard was originally built (for Littleton Parkway) it was analog with lots of section switches to accommodate more than one rake per line. (now DCC this of course is not required)

Further work is required in splitting the electrics even further, also the new rear fiddle yard configuration has route setting with a mimic panel showing the route you have selected.

The next major project will be to do the the same for the main scenic high level area and to incorporate fully working signals, we hope to achieve this for the 2020 Exhibition at Milton Keynes.

And then on to low level area as above.

Whiteacreas next outing will be at our own STAFFORD Exhibition on the 1st & 2nd February 2020 which we plan to ripen late BR steam and green diesels.

As is often said a Model Railway Layout is never finished.

Thanks for your kind comments and interest.

Eltel 

• Informative/Useful 1