Revolution Pendolino Class 390

Chrisjh

Hi Ben, I am afraid I have a damaged first gear in my Class 390 Pendolino, I am not sure how this has happened.

Is it possible to purchase a single gear part number N20-08-01?

Many thanks

Best Regards,

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Yes there’s a contact email in the manual, I think it may be support@revolutiontrains.com, but not totally sure and my boxes aren’t to hand. 

Can you please start checking existing threads too, the Revolution sub-forum is going to turn into your own personal messaging page!

• Agree 1

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks to anyone here who voted for the Revolution/Rapido Trains Pendolino which was today named N gauge diesel/electric Model of the Decade in a poll conducted by a magazine.

If you’re interested in more details, there is an item on the news page of our website.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Midnight tonight is the deadline for expressing an interest in the second run of these award winning models.

Ben A states at around 24mins in on facebook live last night:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/revolution-trains-facebook-live-5/

...I wouldn't say there is clearly demand among N gauge enthusiasts...

No payment required, just an EoI.

Regards, Gerry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have already ordered, or who expressed an interest before to convince us that a second run of Pendolinos was worth doing.

Just a gentle reminder:  the deadline for the Earlybird price (unchanged from last time round) is available until December 31st.  Every time an early bird deadline passes we always get emails from those who missed it - if you are interested then if you can order before then to get the best price please do!

cheers

Ben A.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ben, great news that they’re available to order again.  

Just to confirm: this time there’s no different options for DC/non-DCC as they’re all DCC ready?  Will I need to do anything/remove anything to run it as DC or is it literally ready to go?

Thanks

Simon

Are the Virgin 'flowing silk' models going to have the black window bands as pictured on the livery diagrams?

Most of them did have black window bands, but having had a quick look on flickr, 390010 and 390130 appear to have had white window bands. 

I really don't need another one, but I'm tempted by the flowing silk to go with my model from the OG batch!

Edited by ash39

• RMweb Premium

Ah, so are you not doing one with black window surrounds? I went for 390130 purely because it had black surrounds. If they’re both white I may change to a 9-car. 

Seems a shame to not offer either the 9 or 11-car option with them, given it was more common, and 390 045 doesn’t have them either. 

Edited by njee20

• RMweb Premium

Just had a quick look on Flickr, of the 9-Car units 7 out of 22 are white (one of which is 045), of the 11-car units only 3 out of 34 are white. Seems a shame that there are three options with white surrounds and none with black. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

My understanding is that the 9-car units were booked in to get flowing silk with no black window band, first.  At some point someone decided they would look better with a black window band, and this was implemented for most of the 11-car trains.  I actually thought they all got it but 390130 didn't!  It was picked on the basis of its name, as we had not offered a Scottish city before!

If we reach the point where we can offer another 11-car numberset then we will probably pick a black window band number.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, 128, 129 and 130 had no black window surrounds (like you i thought they all had them). I agree with ‘them’ that black look immeasurably better!

Will cross my fingers there’s a case for a second one. Think I’ll reconsider otherwise, the white is so dull!

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1

Hi Ben and Mike,

I have ordered two of the new Pendolinos. Is all the connectronics inside exactly the same as the first run of Pendolinos? Can I take the two sound modules from a first run Pendolino and drop them into a second run Pendolino?

Is the speaker already in the second run Pendolinos or will I need to move it across as well?

Thanks!

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

(EDIT: original comment mistaken.)

The second run Pendolinos will have speakers fitted to all and power transfer couplers, but Next 18 DCC interfaces.  This means that you could swap chassis, but if you want to add sound would need a Next 18 sound decoder.  These will be available from Legomanbiffo I believe.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Thanks 1

I've no wish to confuse matters, but to quote from the latest Pendolino-related news on the Revolution website;

"The new versions will be updated with Next-18 DCC interface and as before all power cars will have factory fitted speakers, to make converting to DCC or DCC Sound a snap."

So the answer to Dave's question would appear to be NO.  The sound chips were 6-pin in the original batch so would not transplant directly into the new.

Regards, John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The 11-car flowing silk model will be 390107, not 390130 as originally advertised.

BODSBURY 210919 390107

390107 at Bodsbury in September 2019 - photo Simon Beeston.

My understanding is that 390107 was the first 11-car unit to receive flowing silk livery and in addition it has the black window stripes.

1439103849_Fsilkgfxblack.jpg.393c0a3763126586d05add4268332b42.jpg

This change has been made in part due to customer demand, in part to ensure we offer the widest variety of liveries, in part because many feel the black stripe enhances the livery and in part because I bungled when initially selecting 390130, as I hadn't noticed that it lacked the black stripe!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

This may just tip the balance when I back up my EoI and place my order for the full Avanti livery at the end of this month. As I posted on the Rapido/Pendo topic the Virgin/Vanilla liveries just had no appeal for me although I'm well aware they're a part of the current railway branding blandness...

Regards, Gerry.

• Like 1