Folkestone Show 2019

Invicta Informant

I am surprised that nobody has started a thread for the Folkestone, Hythe & District MRC's Show at the Leas Cliff Hall on the 5th & 6th October.

It is a very good show, with a number of quality layouts and very good trade support.

Bachmann were in attendance with display cabinets showing the painted samples and engineering prototypes of their upcoming models in both OO and N.

It is, however, important to bear in mind that the show is on a number of different levels, but there are lifts available and stewards around to help.

The date for next year's show is 3rd & 4th October 2020.

• RMweb Gold

Agree with you completely regarding the above. In the past I've mentioned the fact that the club is always slow in promoting/posting details of the show on RMweb to a couple of senior club members (who I couldn't see yesterday) who thought it was a good idea that they did post.

Was at the show yesterday afternoon with a friend of mine who I've recently got into the hobby and he got three other members of his family to attend. What did surprise me yesterday morning whilst walking round Folkestone town shopping area was the lack of posters in shop windows promoting the show. 

Thought the choice of layouts this year was excellent, interesting to see some O gauge layouts showing what can be done in a relatively small space.

Keith

• Agree 1

Can anybody who was at the Folkestone show tell me the name of the excellent U shaped EM gauge (I think) layout based on a brewery - with single track main line and brewery yard with little industrial shutters pootling about? I didn’t buy a show guide and I’d like to look it up on t’internet.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by forest2807
Additional info/clarity

1 hour ago, forest2807 said:

Can anybody who was at the Folkestone show tell me the name of the excellent U shaped EM gauge (I think) layout based on a brewery - with single track main line and brewery yard with little industrial shutters pootling about? I didn’t buy a show guide and I’d like to look it up on t’internet.

Thanks in advance.

'Blackwell's Brewery Company' from Mid-Essex MRC.

• Agree 1

Really good show with excellent trade support, but only gripe was for first two hours on the Saturday, the catering kitchen was closed and not open to noon.   To be honest the amount you have to pay to hire the place, they should open the catering area from 10am.  Even bar staff when I asked them if any food was available, said no and only spotted a public cafe near the entrance when leaving.