PECO 00 Brown sleepered track?

Stevelewis

I am currently selling a LOT of  PECO 00 Setrack on behalf of my group, this is  recent production  and  Black sleepered,  I have  received a question from a guy  asking if  it  is  Brown sleepered track or not,  I replied I was not  aware   that  Peco actually  do or did a range  of  Brown  track.

I received a reply  saying  they do a range of Brown wood look track, I have requested that he  sends me  the   Peco item numbers!

Or  have  I been missing  something  for  several  modelling  years?

What colour actually is a newly produced wooden sleeper? Currently the ones sat by my workshop appear to be a very dark black / brown through to a very dark brown. But were sleepers of old when best quality original, 'evil' creosote was used any different in colour? I have certainly seen some, that on a very hot day almost ooze jet black tar. But having said that, a lot of sleepers soon seem to weather to a silver / grey colour. So should most sleepers be made from silver / grey plastic, with the odd one here & there dark brown or black, to represent a bit of spot re-sleepering?

Mike C

17 hours ago, Stevelewis said:

I am currently selling a LOT of  PECO 00 Setrack on behalf of my group, this is  recent production  and  Black sleepered,  I have  received a question from a guy  asking if  it  is  Brown sleepered track or not,  I replied I was not  aware   that  Peco actually  do or did a range  of  Brown  track.

I received a reply  saying  they do a range of Brown wood look track...

Well they do. And grey sleepered and so on. But that - broadly - is their Streamline product range. Perhaps this is basic colour coding on Peco's part?

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

Well they do. And grey sleepered and so on. But that - broadly - is their Streamline product range. Perhaps this is basic colour coding on Peco's part?

Really? Set track and streamline 'wooden' sleeper is the same colour, surely? Not black on set track and brown on streamline?

• RMweb Gold

I know I've posted this photo of my layout before, but it was only after I did so I noticed the difference in colour between the turnouts and the flexitrack. 3 of the turnouts have some weathering having been retrieved from an earlier layout, but all the other turnouts and track (all code 75) were purchased new for this layout at the same time. As you can see, the turnouts are much darker than the track. Obviously not a problem of you're going to weather anyway.

loft6.jpg.1fcfaa98d98503d2560c19d5cf352e85.jpg