Trying to find a thread - help! 7mm class 37 build?

Nova Scotian

I swear I remember a couple of years ago (before I was a member) reading a thread on a scratch build, or mod, of a Co-Co diesel in O gauge.

It stood out because the builder was building the mechanism differently - it may have been one motor per axle, or maybe chain linked axles? I think I remember they were going for more authenticity in the chassis mechanism.

I can't find this thread now. Does it exist? Have I made it up? Class 37? Deltic? Can someone help me out?

I love looking through the kit and scratch build threads, dreaming of the day I have the space, tools and time  (plus ability, but hopefully I can work on that) to do something

Thanks in advance

The PRMRP Deltic (and other kits of theirs with similar bogies) use chain drive between axles and there are builds of those on here - I've used one as reference for my build, but naturally I cannot find that now I'm looking for it...

There is a PRMRP Class 50 here, by  Hull Paragon, which he's done in an alternate way with timing belt rather than chain:

This is one from my Deltic, with the original chain drive kit fitted. I've also added plunger pickups & need to drill extra holes to route the wires for those, but I'm leaving that until I get the bogie to body attachment sorted.

IMG_9780.JPG

• Like 1