'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

14 hours ago, JSpencer said:

A depressing insight into what utter b0ll0cks the Thomas franchise has descended.

I thank God that as a child I read the original Railway Series and left it at that!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the livery charts for a Hattons giraffe; I don't see why the same generic giraffe tooling cannot be made to represent the West African, Rothschild's, reticulated, Masai, Angolan, and South African giraffes, among other sub-species.  I'm sure that a zoologically literate model could be produced ....

I shall build stabling for one in my station yard in anticipation ....

GoodsYardStable.jpg.5c186c39819f6fef45cc90c0e5ed14fb.jpg

(Image of Fine Scale Buildings kit, which I recommend)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 9

15 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the livery charts for a Hattons giraffe; I don't see why the same generic giraffe tooling cannot be made to represent the West African, Rothschild's, reticulated, Masai, Angolan, and South African giraffes, among other sub-species.  I'm sure that a zoologically literate model could be produced ....

That should do for when the Generic Elephant Transporters come out too, the doors are probably wide enough!  Just think, all those bright, jolly Circus liveries!!!

14 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I like the relief siding arrangement

Most essential for when a "wash and brush up" is urgently required...

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

A depressing insight into what utter b0ll0cks the Thomas franchise has descended.

I thank God that as a child I read the original Railway Series and left it at that!

GoodsYardStable.jpg.5c186c39819f6fef45cc90c0e5ed14fb.jpg

(Image of Fine Scale Buildings kit, which I recommend)

Clearly using some of the same design features as the London Zoo giraffe stables......

Giraffe 3 London Zoo 21 8 2008.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, GNR Dave said:

Keeping with the generic theme, they should put an elephant in instead and then paint it to look like a giraff or a tiger or a zebra etc etc etc......

Hi Dave, 

I think the animals should be allowed to identify as they choose and not be painted to reflect any specific identity although, should an elephant wish to identify as a zebra then it ought to be respected for its wishes even if it is only made of plastic.

Hang on, generic not genderic ?!?! My mistake.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

3 hours ago, GNR Dave said:

Keeping with the generic theme, they should put an elephant in instead and then paint it to look like a giraff or a tiger or a zebra etc etc etc......

We'll here's the  etc.etc. livery - though not applied to an elephant, I'm afraid https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi#/media/File:Saint-Aignan_(Loir-et-Cher)._Okapi.jpg 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Such a shame that Class B1, many of the earlier examples of which bore antelope names, and which graced GN metals until the end of steam there, albeit after the 4- and 6-wheel coaches were gone, failed to have a loco called Okapi. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Andy Reichert said:

Real question: What's the min. radius to avoid buffer lock on the 4 and 6  wheelers going to be?  I doing some experimenting with tension only couplers.

Andy

Same as for any four wheel vans of similar length you already have. The spec announced implies outer axles fixed and plenty of side-play on the middle set.

I'm expecting to do my usual thing and fit Keen or Symoba CCUs plus Roco or Hornby NEM heads so the buffers can be touching on straight track.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Hroth said:

That should do for when the Generic Elephant Transporters come out too, the doors are probably wide enough!  Just think, all those bright, jolly Circus liveries!!!

Most essential for when a "wash and brush up" is urgently required...

And then we can have a thread full of complaints that they are inaccurate for the GC's Barnum & Bailey train ...... 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Northroader said:

If you’re on small radius curves, it’s better to stop the buffers from ever touching, and stick with tension lock type couplers.

No way. I'm going to do my usual thing of ditching the tension locks and using Kadees.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 04/12/2019 at 13:10, Oldddudders said:

Such a shame that Class B1, many of the earlier examples of which bore antelope names, and which graced GN metals until the end of steam there, albeit after the 4- and 6-wheel coaches were gone, failed to have a loco called Okapi. 

Okapi is a member of the same family as a Giraffe :)

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1