'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

6 hours ago, SDJR7F88 said:

Just wow! Can't wait for S&DJR Blue when the time comes :) 

I have some Ratio MR coaches which I painted S&DJR blue on one side and MR livery on the other, so when they've gone round a reverse loop I've got another  rake for free!  

... wonder whether Hattons will oblige by doing the same with these ?

I can't really do the same with a 4F :nono:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I have some Ratio MR coaches which I painted S&DJR blue on one side and MR livery on the other, so when they've gone round a reverse loop I've got another  rake for free!  

... wonder whether Hattons will oblige by doing the same with these ?

I can't really do the same with a 4F :nono:

Different number on each cabside?

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

How do you deal with the ends being either red or blue?

• Like 2

On 23/02/2021 at 14:35, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

genesisgwr_email1.jpg.dd898c065eb9d6256cf48e50c5b688bb.jpg

We are pleased to share images of the decorated samples for our GWR chocolate and cream liveried coaches. The images here also showcase the lighting system which will be available with our Genesis coaches. 

We have updated our current delivery estimate to Q3 2021. We are working hard to get our coaches in to stock sooner than this and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we have more accurate dates.

Find out more HERE

Will there be any in this GWR livery but gas fittings, because I realise that is the type that I would need?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Will there be any in this GWR livery but gas fittings, because I realise that is the type that I would need?

Depending on which ones you need, it might be possible to swap rooves, plumbing and gas tanks with someone else who wants oil lighting on their carriages?

Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

Depending on which ones you need, it might be possible to swap roofs, plumbing and gas tanks with someone else who wants oil lighting on their carriages?

I anticipate a whole new thread opening up about carriage rooves of ebay.

It would of course make business sense to market them as spares

Edited by Michael Hodgson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Skinnylinny said:

Depending on which ones you need, it might be possible to swap rooves, plumbing and gas tanks with someone else who wants oil lighting on their carriages?

Well, if you or anyone else find yourselves wanting to swop, please let me know.

I realised that if I carefully repainted the GW ones to my freelance livery, I would not need to re-line (:D), but then I realised that my line's mainline coaches were all Pintsch gas-lit (:(). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nile said:

We need more painted samples.

Indeed we do, those Great Western samples above are fantastic. In fact I'm surprised there hasn't been more comment. They are almost enough to tempt me into going Great Western, albeit in a pre-grouping way.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2021 at 13:43, wainwright1 said:

This is quite confusing.

Ray

Therein lies the fun!

Subject to correction by dedicated Brightonians, I'd say that for the purposes of using 4-wheelers pretending to be Stroudleys, these would probably have been mahogany to the end. Would there have been survivors in umber? That I don't know, but I believe that they did not wear the umber and right, save for a handful of the full brakes that the Hornby model approximates in a very stretched way.

The best match are, I think, the Hattons as Billintons, and there I think you have more livery options.  Anyone who might actually know what they're talking about (!) care to expand?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

But only one is right!

It just depends on what you want to believe.

From the interweb. "The Oxford English Dictionary lists “rooves” as an alternate to roofs, one of several outdated spellings used in the UK, and in New England as late as the 19th century. It's not stated which source Google Dictionary used but they list both roofs and rooves as correct."

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Subject to correction by dedicated Brightonians, I'd say that for the purposes of using 4-wheelers pretending to be Stroudleys, these would probably have been mahogany to the end. Would there have been survivors in umber? That I don't know, but I believe that they did not wear the umber and right, save for a handful of the full brakes that the Hornby model approximates in a very stretched way.

Wasn't this discussed only a page or two back? Or was that in the "other" topic? Gary was showing off his mahogany furniture.

Let's not get stuck in a groof over the spelling of roove.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Funny 5

4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Wasn't this discussed only a page or two back? Or was that in the "other" topic? Gary was showing off his mahogany furniture.

Let's not get stuck in a groof over the spelling of roove.

So long as they verandah they cover ends in an 'h' ....

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

23 minutes ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

It just depends on what you want to believe.

From the interweb. "The Oxford English Dictionary lists “rooves” as an alternate to roofs, one of several outdated spellings used in the UK, and in New England as late as the 19th century. It's not stated which source Google Dictionary used but they list both roofs and rooves as correct."

My money is on Google, as an American company, having picked up an obsolete 19th century New England form....

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2