'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Zero Gravitas said:

My plan with mine is to put it on a 5Seven9 (or is it Five7Nine - it's still early) 6-wheel underframe when it becomes available separately, and run it as the brake van on a train of milk tankers to try and hide the extra width.

It's Five79.

https://www.five79.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Zero Gravitas said:

Agreed. Notwithstanding all of the problems with the running gear; whilst the body detail is good, it's a scale foot too wide and looks vaguely ridiculous next to other coaching stock.

My plan with mine is to put it on a 5Seven9 (or is it Five7Nine - it's still early) 6-wheel underframe when it becomes available separately, and run it as the brake van on a train of milk tankers to try and hide the extra width.

And add the old Hornby fish van* to the consist. *Also over width.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't mind waiting for the LNWR coaches. I know Hornby do that livery, but I want something that looks different to my LSWR and LBSC even if it isn't strictly prototypical. And the Hornby livery is visibly too light.

While it's disappointing that they're delayed, I do give Hattons credit for keeping us posted on the situation.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I have an order in but not for any of the ones listed above so I didn't get an e-mail.

Ah!

I have some in each of the two listed batches

I assumed they would let all those with pre-orders know.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some inconsistency it appears.  I have pre-ordered one of the LNER variants but have not received an email.

Thanks to Paul.uni and Tractionman I am now aware of the delay.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, teaky said:

Some inconsistency it appears.  I have pre-ordered one of the LNER variants but have not received an email.

Thanks to Paul.uni and Tractionman I am now aware of the delay.

Well I’ve not had one for mine either so I wonder if it’s a general email or specifically about peoples orders?

You’ll probably find if you’re not subscribed to the mailing list you won’t get a general one. I never got an email about the Hornby orders cancellation and they said they couldn’t as that was a mailing list announcement. 

I did get a polite apologetic email saying I should have had a letter, as if not on the mailing list ‘gpdrdgrp-wibble’ means they can’t email you, but that had never arrived. 

A1BC1F01-F14C-4E2F-AA16-9536DA9A5C13.jpeg.b1c3a180d827a7fb0f1ec95d8150c51a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Well such is life.  However, I am expecting some £300 odd of coaches and if they are planning on posting late August they will need to let customers specify when.  I can’t be having that lot sitting in a doorway.  I won’t be the only one on holiday (Covid permitting).

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Crantock said:

Well such is life.  However, I am expecting some £300 odd of coaches and if they are planning on posting late August they will need to let customers specify when.  I can’t be having that lot sitting in a doorway.  I won’t be the only one on holiday (Covid permitting).

That is not what that email says.

"We do always send emails to you following an order...and to provide the delivery information."

Implying that Hattons would just send £300 parcel without telling you it was coming does them a great disservice. In my experience of dealing with them, their email notifications of orders and deliveries are spot on.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Ok no disservice meant.  I simply lack the experience of a pre-order being delivered and will continue to lack for another 8 months.  

There is a difference between notifying and giving an opportunity to change though. The latter is what is needed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Crantock said:

The answer to that is to sign up for the Trunk service.

That gives you control over when goods get despatched.

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

Delivery 1, due August: GWR, SECR, LBSCR, GNR & LNWR

Delivery 2, due September: LMS, LNER, SR & Departmental

More time to dither over whether to keep my SECR order due to the colour being lighter than I would have preferred.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stephennicholson said:

More time to dither over whether to keep my SECR order due to the colour being lighter than I would have preferred.

Without re-opening the previous debate, Hattons do seem determined to produce the SE & CR coaches in an inappropriate colour.

I have not ordered any.

All the best

Ray

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

The LNWR carriage lake (plum) chosen by both Hatton's and Hornby also seems rather wide of the mark, compared to that found on several preserved coaches (including the Picnic Saloon that was restored at Quainton) as well as that available from PPP.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1