luke the train spotter

The sequel to Distillery Yard - Finlarig halt.

3 days to the deadline and I've finally got the fence sorted out. It's a kit from scale model rail scenery and was a bit of a paint to get glued down but we'll worth it. It received a couple of different shades of browns and grays to get the desired colour but I'm happy with it. IMG_20191028_220801452.jpg.c2def8bb2cb3bcdb3bb7f2c68105a925.jpg The only other large job is to get the foot crossing, point lever and footpath made up and installed for access to the halt itself. All in all very happy with how it's all come out. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Excellent. You've done this in the time it's taken me to barely do anything in a cakebox!

Glad the fencing is recommended, I've got that kit for the aforementioned box.

Wonderful work, keep it up.

• Thanks 1

Luke.  One thing I can’t find is the size of your excellent layout.  It looks a single point job, my kind of layout (!), but what space is given over to scenic and fiddle please. 

Hello Luke,

Quite remarkable! In the time you have taken to construct this layout I believe I may have achieved the quite unremarkable feat of gluing a few bits of kit together! You obviously have a talent for capturing an atmosphere and I hope you don't mind me saying but if I didn't know better I would say this was a Chris Nevard layout. Stunning observation and interpretation that deserves recognition. Anyway back to sticking another bit of kit together for me!

Woody

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, noctilux2 said:

Luke.  One thing I can’t find is the size of your excellent layout.  It looks a single point job, my kind of layout (!), but what space is given over to scenic and fiddle please. 

Ok so the scenic measures 67.5cm long by 25cm. There are 2 fiddle yards (one still to be built but I'll do that after the deadline as it isnt urgent. The to be built fiddle yard will be a copy of the current one which measures 48cm by 25cm. It is only one point (which is scenic) though I may add one in each fiddle yard later on like I did with distillery yard. 

Now coming down to the few final installments with the layout. Firstly I have made a foot crossing / path which links the Halt platform to the road. IMG_20191030_210519454.jpg.859721e60810d24f346163d5f2d97425.jpgAlso another quick snap of a railbus continuing it's trial runs on the layout. IMG_20191030_210358741.jpg.4255d11f4c905d1e2ce08f0d0425d29e.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Woody C said:

Hello Luke,

Quite remarkable! In the time you have taken to construct this layout I believe I may have achieved the quite unremarkable feat of gluing a few bits of kit together! You obviously have a talent for capturing an atmosphere and I hope you don't mind me saying but if I didn't know better I would say this was a Chris Nevard layout. Stunning observation and interpretation that deserves recognition. Anyway back to sticking another bit of kit together for me!

Woody

Thank you very much Woody! Chris Nevard is a massive inspiration to me so it's very encouraging to hear your kind words. 

Hi Luke

What a fabulous little layout. You've done a brilliant job with the scenery.

Max

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hello Luke,

Slightly off topic but given the Scottish connection you might find this of interest https://www.youtube.com › watch
They take the High Road - YouTube Real nostalgia and at various points there are shots of Killing station. Hope you enjoy and I think you may get some inspiration for some more projects.

Woody

• Like 1

Luke you have produced another lovely little layout. Very nice scenery work.

• Like 1