Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Q&A - The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019

• RMweb Gold

Hello Captain

Many thanks for the comments.

We took a long and hard look at what we were listing. For many reasons, we initially dropped the N Gauge Poll. For this year, we decided to drop Industrial and Underground to concentrate on 'core content' of BR, its predecessors and successors. We had discussions with a number of RMwebbers about the deletion of Industrial and we spoke with the London Underground Railway Society (LURS) about Underground.

The Poll is now much easier for us to run. We are all unpaid volunteers with no affiliation to, or financial support from, any makers. We had to make life a little easier for ourselves - or else the whole thing would have had to close! And none of us wanted that!

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, napierlion said:

Good morning everyone,

This is going to take some serious thought as there are many items on the list that I would like to see produced.

All the best

Charles 

Thanks Charles

That's partly why we provide The Guide pages which might help help you. See the hyperlinks in the top post on Page 1 as below.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

What is the running order of categories for the 2019 Poll?

Each category below is a hyperlink to the relevant Guide page.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Martin

These are the specifics (vote count given first to put items in context):

From Top 50

338 - Class 91

270 - GT3

244 - SECR Van (Rails)

High Polling

217 - NER J27

212 - Mk4 Stock

198 - Mk5 Stock

183 - Mk5a Stock

182 - Princess 4-6-2

158 - Bulleid 59ft Stock

Middle Polling

136 - Plasser & Theurer Twin Jib Crane

127 - LMS Brake Van

126 - GWR Railcar No.17

125 - Tippler Wagon - British Steel etc

115 - Hopper - Coal - JMA

110 - Covered Steel -  JSA

Low Polling

106 - Container Flat - PFA

102 - Diesel Shunters - 12033-12138

91 - PWM 651-4 (12.50pm - edited to correct running numbers as PWM 650 is not being made)

Brian (on  behalf of The 00 Wishlist Poll Team)

Edited by BMacdermott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, A Murphy said:

Could I suggest a GWR Armstrong/Standard 0-6-0 goods and a GCR J10. (Sorry couldn't see an e-mail address below)

Thanks Alastair M

Hello again Alistair

I have now had a chance to check back on past Polls...

The GCR J10 went in 'new' in 2013. However, it polled just 32 votes and ended up as the lowest-voted LNER loco and 11th from overall bottom.

As we have struggled since then to contain new listings, I'm sorry to say that it has not been re-instated. We currently have 70 items in the LNER Locos list -  and that is our 'maximum permitted load'. If lists get too long, we get complaints that voters can't find what they are looking for.

This may sound 'stingy' but there are 20 listings categories. Just one new item in each adds another 20 to the total that Andy York has to 'computerise'. You don't need to be Einstein to calculate what effect 2, 3, 4 etc additions have on the overall total.

Simple in isolation; almost impossible in practice when taken overall (unless items get announced).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, napierlion said:

Good morning everyone,

This is going to take some serious thought as there are many items on the list that I would like to see produced.

All the best

Charles 

Just tick everything and you can be sure your choices will count. :jester:

I've not got a model railway at present but I've answered as if i still have as my interests haven't changed.

I do wonder if though my choices have been influenced by Hattons, I did find myself ticking LNWR small locomotives and I don't think I've done that in the past.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Just tick everything and you can be sure your choices will count. :jester:

Hello Woodenhead

I know you were joking above, but I'd like to remind voters of what we say in the Q&A. 

Is there any limit to what voters can vote for?

You can vote for whatever you would realistically wish to buy at any time in the future. Please note that The Team reserves the right to delete without query any entry that it feels is not based on that premise. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Brian,

Once again thank you to you and all the team.  As ever my interests are unlikely to be made as R-T-R but what ever I vote for if it appears I will buy.  It is certainly interesting to participate in and I missed it the year that it did not happen.

Hope all goes well with your 99.5 year old.  All the best.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

For those who haven't voted yet, can I give you a heads up concerning Category 21: Your Suggestions for Re-makes of Post-2005 00 Models?

The category is for items made after 1 January 2005. A few voters are repeating items that they have voted for in the listings - which are all pre-2005 models.

Many thanks

• RMweb Gold

I've been very restrained this time on voting for anything outside of my core BR(s) and S&DJR interests.

Only a couple of criticisms, no Beyer-Peacock/LSWR Ilfracombe Goods or 0-6-0ST, and the wrong LNER loco coal wagon (the Dia.207 in the poll is readily available in kit form, the much more interesting Dia.125 is not).

Could I suggest, for next year, a "write-in" section for 1 loco, 1 coach, 1 wagon not in the main listings, similar to the "desired post-2005 re-tool" category.

Apart from that, Great stuff and thanks for giving us the opportunity to get our wants over.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks again for doing this poll.

A suggestion for consideration for 2020, maybe consider splitting “modern image” from Post Privatisation. Modern image covers a range of c1955 to 2020, a period of 65 years, where as Steam locomotives gets 5 categories in a period of 45 years.

That said, I would suggest putting post-privatisation into a combined lump of passenger  and non-passenger vehicles to group it together, it was odd seeing a Met Cam 790xx in the same group as a class 195. Not being too aufait as I need to be with modern wagon codes, I couldn't request anything at all, but if they were grouped together in this epoch, it would narrow the research down a bit.

As last year, my offer to assist if the poll team if it needs volunteers still stands.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Yet again, an enormous amount of effort has gone into compiling this. Thanks to everyone involved for that effort. Yet again, a lot of things I would like to see, but realistically I think the chances for most (EMUs, DEMUs) are slim.

Edited by zarniwhoop
typo and missed a word out.
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Thanks for organising the poll. Sorry if I'm being stupid but have London Transport locos / rolling stock been removed this year? I was hope to vote for a Metropolitan E Class...sure it was on the poll last year.

From the first post:

"What’s new for The 00 Wishlist Poll 2019?

We have deleted the Industrial and Underground categories to give us more space for ‘core content’ and we now list many more items that voters have requested"

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, dana said:

Can only seam to get the q&a section and the guide list . The section to actually click or vote I can’t seam to get .  

Go to the first post in this thread. Click on Link To OO Wishlist Poll 2019 near the bottom of the post.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

I've been very restrained this time on voting for anything outside of my core BR(s) and S&DJR interests.

Only a couple of criticisms, no Beyer-Peacock/LSWR Ilfracombe Goods or 0-6-0ST, and the wrong LNER loco coal wagon (the Dia.207 in the poll is readily available in kit form, the much more interesting Dia.125 is not).

Could I suggest, for next year, a "write-in" section for 1 loco, 1 coach, 1 wagon not in the main listings, similar to the "desired post-2005 re-tool" category.

Apart from that, Great stuff and thanks for giving us the opportunity to get our wants over.

John

Hello John

Thanks for writing.

You are welcome to make suggestions but they would be appreciated in the form as previewed in the Advance Notice posting. Extract below.

We tried the 'write-in' suggestions in 2012, but it creates more problems than it solves and takes an age to try to sort out. The Accurascale Survey was based on that 'free style', so we wouldn't want to repeat what someone else is doing anyway. The Post-2005 category is a little more manageable as the subject base is very much restricted.

Extract from Advance Notice

Can we still add any items for 2019?

It’s too late for 2019 but you are welcome to suggest items for 2020 – after we ‘go live’ please – either on RMweb or directly to The 00 Poll Team at the email address below.

To be considered, your individual suggestions must follow the style of The Guide:

·       A clear heading

·       About 200 words of explanatory text

·       One or two links

We’re sorry if this sounds a tad over-bearing but The Poll is running very close to ‘maximum permitted load’. The 2018 new entries panned out as:

·       0             Top 50

·       16           High Polling

·       23           Middle Polling

·       50           Low Polling (with 25 in the overall bottom 50)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1