Any source for working 7mm scale shunter lights ?

Hi all,

does anyone know of anywhere producing working lights suitable for a Barclay Class 06 ?

(They look to be similar style to those on 08s, from what I can see).

I've found masses of places selling larger style loco lights - or 4mm scale ones! - but nothing at all so far in an appropriate style and 7mm scale.

Another possibility is a "large" 4mm scale type that's something like the same style, but a lot of places list types by name, which generally means nothing to me.

I'm not picky on them being absolutely authentic to the prototype, as long as they look something like reasonable when fitted & the price is not too crazy; it should have eight lights..

Thanks,

Rob.

Thanks, but I think those are some I already looked at; they are an older style with big protruding lenses.

The ones I am looking for are more like one of these styles, not much more than a block with a small lens or window:

Class+06+04.jpg

14152.jpg

Hmm. See what you mean. It shouldn't be too difficult in 7mm scale to embed 1.5 mm leds into scratch plastic housings. The protrusion on the top is a lamp bracket for standard oil lamps and again shouldn't be too difficult to add from flattened brass wire.

Hi,

the brackets are part of the brasswork, so not a problem.

The kit comes with cast resin dummy lamps, two sets with slightly different styles - and they are tiny! Somewhere between 2.5 - 3mm wide and similar depth.

I don't fancy my chances of drilling them centrally, without shattering them, and totally embedding a LED (or two colour LED) inside them.

I could possibly cheat on the lower rear ones, drill straight through and use a strand of optical fibre through under the cab - but the front ones are totally exposed and need to be self-contained.

Castings below. If they look a bit messy it's just casting flash that I've not cleaned off yet.

ps. Any idea which ones would be what colour at either end?

lamps1.jpg

10 hours ago, RexAshton said:

There's quite a bit here about 03s and 08s. I suspect they would be fairly standard across the range.

Thanks, that's the info I needed, the key word being "headcode".

For mine it appears I only two fixed working lights, one red & one white either end.