Accurascale October 2019 update

This is superb!!

The Deltic even heavier than the 700g Dapol Class 68 as well!!

Slight panic at mentioning only 100mph scale speed for the Deltic with all of the stories of them hitting 120mph, but I'm sure it'll be fine .... !!

BIG thanks to AY for following probably the most enthusiastic and interesting new model producer ....

Al.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That Kato DC controller is the earlier version which isn't the smoothest starting for some locos but clearly no problems for Accurascale.

Have feedback DC designs, which admittedly have fallen out of favour a bit,  like the Gaugemaster HH been tried ?

Great for a model, but don't forget, despite it's size, at 99 tons if I remember correctly, the Deltic was a relative lightweight!!

There again, a quick 'Google' has the Class 68 at 85 tons!

If Accurascale were to make a Class 40, or 44,45,46 Peak, what would that weigh in at?   !!

Al.

• Like 1

In the name of science I weighed my heaviest loco a Wrenn city class steamer and it came in at 721g. Another metal bodied loco a Brawa BR216 diesel Ho 525g  and Trix crocodile 509g, so I've not owned anything more than the new Deltic.

Edited by maico
  • Informative/Useful 1

All you need to do is copy and paste the required sentence/phrase into 'Google' and it should give you some sort of answer.

For example, as far as I can tell, adb's written text translates (partly?) as "can you speak Chinese?"

Presumably, the answer is then " 'Deltic', yes!"

Which I then re-interpret as "Chinese people can speak Deltic"? (I'm just guessing here, no wish to cause any offence). Apart from "Ne ho", I cannot speak or write any Chinese language.

I hope that helps?

Cheers,

John.

21 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Why not just make the baseboards stronger to support the extra weight?

No hay que cambiar el idioma solamente para complicar la vida de otras personas, verdad?

Al.

¡Sí!

Где бы мы были без онлайн-переводчиков?

Pröst

Juan.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Is deis é seo labhairt as Gaeilge... :D

I don't think there's a direct translation for "Deltic", although "Inneall Deilte" might suffice.

Of course, one locomotive has a name derived from the Irish language: 'Ballymoss'. If I'm not mistaken (and there's a good chance I am), it should translate as 'Baile Uí Maolmóna'. 

'St Paddy' can also be translated: 'Naomh Pádraig'. :)

• Like 4

Warley announcement?

"If you thought the Deltic was a big announcement, this one's bigger".

That'll be a Conflat L then!

Or an O gauge Deltic.

P

PS. Deltic is just one letter away from Celtic

• Like 1