Accurascale October 2019 update

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2019 at 22:17, Markwj said:

Sorry don't get the in joke with the foreign language posts.

It's probably just part of the current Zeitgeist.

(Well I guess there are plenty of less agreeable foreign expressions ... like Schadenfreude, for instance.)

On 18/10/2019 at 13:34, Colin_McLeod said:

Is it the  opposite of Brexit?

Am I allowed to say that?

:)

We might need to have a "People's Vote" on that question (although I, personally, would have no problem were your comment to remain in this thread).

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

3 hours ago, Huw Griffiths said:

It's probably just part of the current Zeitgeist.

(Well I guess there are plenty of less agreeable foreign expressions ... like Schadenfreude, for instance.)

Could be worse. When Germans decided to appropriate 'an English word', they chose 'shitstorm'.

I. Am. So. Proud.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

18 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Warley announcement?

"If you thought the Deltic was a big announcement, this one's bigger".

That'll be a Conflat L then!

Or an O gauge Deltic.

P

PS. Deltic is just one letter away from Celtic

Its a secret project the lads have been working on for months, code name 'dolomite'...not sure if this is connected, but I heard a rumor from a woman at work whose mum lives in Norfolk and she heard that 2 Irish sounding lads were seen traipsing over fields with cameras and stuff somewhere near here...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Weeting/@52.4658275,0.6026162,172m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x47d830e3bbb994f5:0xffd8eea344bee370!8m2!3d52.468558!4d0.609526

(some of this is made up)

A/box

Edited by Axlebox
spellling
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Axlebox said:

2 Irish sounding lads were seen traipsing over fields with cameras and stuff somewhere near here...

Ah! I guess that must be the two Irish sounding gadgees that were 3D scanning the Conflat L (blitzkrieg version) as seen in this vid?

P

Who is firmly from school of, "repeat something often enough, it's bound to happen".

Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conlat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conlat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, Conflat L, 

Its funny you should mention Conflat Ls Poursea, I was in the pub the other night talking to this rather attractive nurse when the subject of Conflat Ls came up, and how nobody since Tri-ang had been brave enough to make a model of them (apols to Mr B Bedford)...and she says "there's one of them things at the bottom of my street", of course I didn't believe a word, how many nurses do you meet in pubs know what a Conflat L is? Any way, it turns out YES there really is one at the end of her street and yes her friend sitting opposite really does own an Austerity tank engine (full size)...the moral of this story is, I should go to the pub more often.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Newcastle+upon+Tyne/@54.9828166,-1.5749506,55a,35y,90h,52.11t/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487d857e0c6f64cd:0xbe252b072a76191!8m2!3d54.978252!4d-1.61778

(none of this is made up)

A/box

Edited by Axlebox
forgot to sign this...how remiss
  • Like 2

On 13/10/2019 at 00:05, maico said:

That Kato DC controller is the earlier version which isn't the smoothest starting for some locos but clearly no problems for Accurascale.

Have feedback DC designs, which admittedly have fallen out of favour a bit,  like the Gaugemaster HH been tried ?

Bump. Maybe the question is not valid until the electronics are finalized ?

• Agree 1