JSA, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

503344819_JSAUKMap.jpg.e5ebea4b4702efba3abecab913c8d6ba.jpg

Here is an area of operation guide for the JSAs to go alongside our formation guides. When we were originally planning to do the PTAs were were in two minds about adding the JSAs as part of the project, but thankfully you have proved it a wise choice as the numbers of pre-orders have been fantastic! We are due a sample next week, so keep an eye out for that.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi William,

Excellent pic! Thanks for sharing. 

Those of you who are on our mailing list (well worth signing up to, bottom of our home page on the website) or our Facebook page (give us a like if you do Facebook!) may have seen these pics. For those of you who dont, here is another look at the JSAs!

351611889_CoveredCarrier1.jpg.c84f34e4f3ee98298fa0d24ccf611236.jpg

1248554874_CoveredCoil1.jpg.1e26c8a8cd8e232e102d0c8451d6e77c.jpg

1432106540_CoveredCoil3.jpg.7d819eccf39bfc0480b0684e5c54ad11.jpg

946050934_coveredcoil4.jpg.3d09c48e6b2504a0f4f50bb3d44ff0e3.jpg

1509798909_Grouppic1.jpg.25d78c0451d6872c0ee050a31edee81a.jpg

400456727_grouppic2.jpg.a9a42b8a4a25dee46fe37e3293fcb5eb.jpg

2113327082_OpenCoil1.jpg.a59515c31071020b85b1c542046eda2d.jpg

We think they're quite pretty! Anyway, some minor tweaks and clean up aside they are well on the way. The pre-ordering on these have been very strong, so thanks for those of you who have ordered so far!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 09:28, Accurascale Fran said:

Specification is as follows

• Pack of two Wagons, each with individual running number and decoration
  • OO Gauge / 1:76.2 Scale Models
  • NEM standard coupler pockets with ‘kinematic’ close coupling functionality
  • NEM narrow tension lock couplers
  • Sprung metal buffers
  • Etched metal factory fitted detailing
  • Extra fine factory fitted detail plastic parts
  • Extra fine factory fitted Pipework
  • Individual lettering, logos and codes from real wagons for authenticity
  • BSC Axle Motion bogies
  • Blackened RP25.110 profile wheelsets with 14.4mm back-to-back measurements, and 26mm over pinpoints
  • Designed for easy conversion to EM and P4 gauges

Does anyone know if the wagons will come with coils? The open wagon JSA is implied by the pictures, but I may have missed where it is explicitly stated!

If so, the coils look the wrong size from the picture, not a big issue as I will make my own!.

As for the wagon, they look superb!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Martyn,

Yes, the open wagons include 3 coils, which we're finalising at the moment and will share samples of soon, rest assured they will be the correct size, the drawings are placeholders.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, McC said:

Hi Martyn,

Yes, the open wagons include 3 coils, which we're finalising at the moment and will share samples of soon, rest assured they will be the correct size, the drawings are placeholders.

Hopefully, your coils won't resemble someone's attempt at roulade on 'Bake Off'. So many of the ones I've seen seem to be based on coiled 4" plate. It would be nice to have a range of sizes, available separately if possible. 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

Hopefully, your coils won't resemble someone's attempt at roulade on 'Bake Off'. So many of the ones I've seen seem to be based on coiled 4" plate. It would be nice to have a range of sizes, available separately if possible. 

Hi Fat Controller,

We’re working to make them look realistic, but a range of sizes might be cost prohibitive on a tooling cost consideration, But we will see what we can rustle up!

Cheers!

Fran

• 1 month later...
On 21/10/2019 at 19:36, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Here is a handy formation guide featuring the JSAs. It’s kinda hard to picture a modern steel trains over the past 20 years without them!

Cheers!

Fran

Ignore - was asking for link to hi-res then found it!

Edited by WILLIAM

• 3 weeks later...

David, 

The main steel industry in Scotland was gone by 1992 with the closure of the Ravenscraig Steelworks and hot strip mill...  I have many fond memories of watching the steel trains in the works, and just wish I’d taken a camera with me to record my memories!

The main part of what was left,  was a plate mill, which would bring in steel slabs by rail....

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Here is the latest update on our JSAs. We had hoped that these would be landing before Chinese New Year but as you can see, the factory have still not made all our corrections. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/pta-jta-jua-and-jsa-update

We do apologise for this delay, but they have to be right.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 1

That's unfortunate, I aren't entirely surprised given almost everything with new tooling (from anybody) it's a 50/50 chance at best of it being on time.

They are better being right, just disappointing when we had to pay full whack for these (unlike the other stuff which was a deposit)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

That's unfortunate, I aren't entirely surprised given almost everything with new tooling (from anybody) it's a 50/50 chance at best of it being on time.

They are better being right, just disappointing when we had to pay full whack for these (unlike the other stuff which was a deposit)

We absolutely agree, Tom. We know it's disappointing, but felt it would be more disappointing if the models werent up to scratch too. We are going to work towards a system where we hang longer before announcing wagons in future. 

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1