JSA, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’m thinking of getting a set of the telescopic version but I’m unsure which ones to get?  I’d like to model the Boston steel train in the Colas (mid 2010’s) era.  According to the pictures I’ve seen on Flickr, the train was usually made up IHA bogie covered steel coil wagons but some of the trains were mixed 50/50 with I think JSA’s or a complete rake.

The problem I’m facing is the pictures are not very clear as the photographer has concentrated of the loco.  As IHA’s are unavailable as a OO scale model, I’d like to recreate the train if possible with JSA’s if they are correct.

Hi Jools,

I think you're out of luck looking at our route map and formations guide, but if you find a pic let us know!

JSA UK Map.jpg

328F6BCD-EA3D-4215-9E3D-0DB88AF10059.jpe

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jools,

I think you're out of luck looking at our route map and formations guide, but if you find a pic let us know!

JSA UK Map.jpg

328F6BCD-EA3D-4215-9E3D-0DB88AF10059.jpe

Hi Fran, I’ve found a couple of pictures on Flickr (I searched Boston steel) and though you can’t see the TOPS code, their VTG lettered which makes me think their JSA’s, but they also could be KIA (Dapol’s model).

Edited by jools1959
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I’m thinking of getting a set of the telescopic version but I’m unsure which ones to get?  I’d like to model the Boston steel train in the Colas (mid 2010’s) era.  According to the pictures I’ve seen on Flickr, the train was usually made up IHA bogie covered steel coil wagons but some of the trains were mixed 50/50 with I think JSA’s or a complete rake.

The problem I’m facing is the pictures are not very clear as the photographer has concentrated of the loco.  As IHA’s are unavailable as a OO scale model, I’d like to recreate the train if possible with JSA’s if they are correct.

Definitely Dapol KIA wagons

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, slg said:

It could be worse you could model an earlier time frame say 1990s 

First train has a couple of wagon model options for the future maybe.

I wasn’t paying attention attention when the video first started as I heard the sound of a 37 and wondered what the hell was bringing the train into the yard, only to realise it’s a wagon with porch on it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just as a very casual question, are you aiming for a pre-Christmas delivery on these by chance?

I’ve ordered a few of the delicious British Steel Blue ones and seeing whether they might work as a Christmas gift from the family to sit under the tree or whether to get something else railway related to unwrap on the big day - a happy conundrum..!

Cheers,

James

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, James Makin said:

Just as a very casual question, are you aiming for a pre-Christmas delivery on these by chance?

I’ve ordered a few of the delicious British Steel Blue ones and seeing whether they might work as a Christmas gift from the family to sit under the tree or whether to get something else railway related to unwrap on the big day - a happy conundrum..!

Cheers,

James

Hi James,

Will have an update for you early this coming week if that’s okay? 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We pushed as hard as we could to land these in December but due to COVID and a shortage of staff in the factory (some have been pinched by larger tech companies and with COVID travel restrictions unable to replaced) delivery for these JSAs has slipped into the new year. We are very sorry for this delay, but unfortunately there is little we can do to speed them up.

thanks,

Fran

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 4

At least we now know whats happening guys and thats enough for me and im sure everyone else. Yes, a bit disappointing but in the main we have got the PTA's to keep us busy with and a look forward into the new year. Im sure that you guys will be doing and have done everything possible to bring these to us but delays are inevitable in the current climate and im sure everyone will bear this in mind. 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We pushed as hard as we could to land these in December but due to COVID and a shortage of staff in the factory (some have been pinched by larger tech companies and with COVID travel restrictions unable to replaced) delivery for these JSAs has slipped into the new year. We are very sorry for this delay, but unfortunately there is little we can do to speed them up.

thanks,

Fran

I remember a few years ago Bachmann highlighted staff being pinched by tech companies as a problem in production delays but at least these will take away some of the January blues next year:D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Andy7 said:

Any news Fran? Excited to get me grubby mitts on them.

Still on course to land on the 10th but beyond that we’re not certain of what the importation process might delay by. We’ll keep everyone posted :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

52 minutes ago, McC said:

Still on course to land on the 10th but beyond that we’re not certain of what the importation process might delay by. We’ll keep everyone posted :)

Oh that's got me excited now, I didn't know they were only a week away from the UK.

• Like 1

I think all the JSAs still in use have their hoods removed, as they are used for semi-finished rather than finished steel.

Interestingly, some of the former JSAs have now become open box wagons - the third use for some of these chassis, and much closer to their original appearance.

4020 JNA Milton Range, 29/07/20

(Flickr link)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Well by my reckoning, these lovelies should be in the UK now....................not long to go hopefully before we see these being rolled out to their new owners. 

Or instead of guessing and causing a barrage of emails to them, as I'm sure they will be busy coming up with other lovely models for us to buy in the future,  wanting to know where thier models are.....

We all could wait for those nice guys at Accurascale to let us know that they have arrived in the UK like they have done with all the other models they have done......

Edited by Mr.S.corn78
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1