JSA, by Accurascale

I'd just like to add my thanks to Fran and all of the Accurascale Rail Team for delivering an excellent model.

I recently took delivery of a pack of the open steel wagons, which was my first Accurascale model. Just one tiny item dislodged from the bogies (load impactor?) which was an easy fix. I can safely say on the strength of this model it has convinced me to place an order for one of the forthcoming PFA Nuclear triple packs.

Well done to all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Accurascale is now my go to for wagons, due to the detail in the models, the number of options and the range that is now available. The blue and red boxes are snoozing on new wagons, which are an essential part of model railways that mimic prototype.

Having been so impressed with the blue JSAs I've got a set of VTG type coming from Rails, and have managed to source a couple of Bachmann BYAs which with my Rails/Cavalex BLAs will form one of the example mixed sets you showed in the early posts. I missed the DRS half height PFAs , however managed to get a barrier set at retail price from EBay, and then, thanks to Lord and Butler, I managed to get their last DRS set in option 'R'.

Can you give my wallet a rest, no chance with the 24 ton coal wagons in the offing.

Am now fitting the coal loads to my British Fuel PFAs.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, rembrow said:

Accurascale is now my go to for wagons, due to the detail in the models, the number of options and the range that is now available.

Likewise, although the biggest reason for that is them making stuff I am after/relevant to me at a price I am willing to pay.

Dapol are the only other company AFAIK that has a decent range of wagons currently on the network that are actually available to buy/pre order, whilst they are reruns (with new nos) at least they are re running them.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Likewise, although the biggest reason for that is them making stuff I am after/relevant to me at a price I am willing to pay.

Dapol are the only other company AFAIK that has a decent range of wagons currently on the network that are actually available to buy/pre order, whilst they are reruns (with new nos) at least they are re running them.

All my wagons are Dapol & Accurascale with a little bit coming from RevolutioN and Cavalex which will eventually get bigger I would think, have nothing from the others and yes it down to detail/relevance/multiple running numbers and price.

For me Dapol are the quiet achievers in regards to wagons, they do wagons which are quite common hauled by various freight operators (the yellow stufff) thus always generating interest and sales and their prices are quite good and yes Accurascale go up a level in detail but again offered in multiples and good on price.

Edit: Went over my JSA's yesterday and absolutely perfect, such a nice wagon with the coils and tempted to get a couple more packs even with the same running numbers unless AS do more in the future with different numbers?

Edited by classy52
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

All my wagons are Dapol & Accurascale with a little bit coming from RevolutioN and Cavalex which will eventually get bigger I would think, have nothing from the others and yes it down to detail/relevance/multiple running numbers and price.

For me Dapol are the quiet achievers in regards to wagons, they do wagons which are quite common hauled by various freight operators (the yellow stufff) thus always generating interest and sales and their prices are quite good and yes Accurascale go up a level in detail but again offered in multiples and good on price.

Edit: Went over my JSA's yesterday and absolutely perfect, such a nice wagon with the coils and tempted to get a couple more packs even with the same running numbers unless AS do more in the future with different numbers?

We will do new running numbers on any new run we do. Just not sure when run 2 will be! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dapol Class 66 + 6 or 7 Accurascale JSA achieve a prototypical South Wales steel train, just need Accurascale to produce the wagons on O gauge now.

Dapol Class 08 with 2 JSA steel wagons produces a prototypical trip working in South Wales, the list goes on....anyone getting a link here? 

Edited by Courtybella
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

My pair arrived today after their circuitous journey, including a full week sat with GLS in Ireland.  Once they arrived in UK yesterday, it didn't take Parcelforce very long, and their friendly driver from Carlisle delivered the wagons this afternoon.  My heart sank when I saw the big tear and bash in one corner of the outer cardboard box, however the internal Accurascale box had survived intact and no damage other than one buffer off one wagon.  On glueing the buffer back on, I accidentally dislodged one of the side rails which I also then needed to re-glue.  Must be more careful with these beautiful but delicate scale models.

IMG_5941.JPG

• Friendly/supportive 1

A few words of caution - be careful when you remove the wrapping from these. I received 3 packs of the VTG covered wagons and out of the 6 there were 4 with loose parts - one wagon had no less than 6 parts unattached, including 3 buffers. Bits like this I would happily glue back on but some of the bits, e.g. a door handle and the handle from the end of the wagon are just too small for me to even think about fixing.

@Accurascale FranFran - I'll send an email to your support address with more detail.

Graham

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 hours ago, bartram108 said:

A few words of caution - be careful when you remove the wrapping from these. I received 3 packs of the VTG covered wagons and out of the 6 there were 4 with loose parts - one wagon had no less than 6 parts unattached, including 3 buffers. Bits like this I would happily glue back on but some of the bits, e.g. a door handle and the handle from the end of the wagon are just too small for me to even think about fixing.

@Accurascale FranFran - I'll send an email to your support address with more detail.

Graham

Unfortunately my second set of BS blue arrived very much the same. The protective bubble packaging was non existent and whilst these wagons are absolutely superb value and stunningly detailed, the carriers, packaging and other areas need a good look at. I received some sarcastic comments from some people on this forum with the previous VTG's ordered but this does indeed go to show me that this is not an isolated incident. 

I will make it clear now that i in no way hold anyone responsible but having had near £300 worth of goods delivered which were all suffering from bits dislodged and missing is not really what one would expect. 

I do however support and will continue to support Accurascale with future purchases and indeed have several 37's and the KUA on order but id suggest a review of packaging and protection for these delicate models. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Krieghoff said:

Unfortunately my second set of BS blue arrived very much the same. The protective bubble packaging was non existent and whilst these wagons are absolutely superb value and stunningly detailed, the carriers, packaging and other areas need a good look at. I received some sarcastic comments from some people on this forum with the previous VTG's ordered but this does indeed go to show me that this is not an isolated incident. 

I will make it clear now that i in no way hold anyone responsible but having had near £300 worth of goods delivered which were all suffering from bits dislodged and missing is not really what one would expect. 

I do however support and will continue to support Accurascale with future purchases and indeed have several 37's and the KUA on order but id suggest a review of packaging and protection for these delicate models. 

Sorry to hear that you received a damaged shipment,   Have you dropped us a ticket with details? We’ve an open issue with Parcel Force who’ve dropped the ball (and more than a few parcels) with these shipments. 

To be quite honest..............no. 

I repaired every one by glueing back on the rails and buffers because i didnt want to be seen as a nuisance if im being honest following the earlier sarcastic comments by some on here. 

All i will say on the matter is that an urgent review of packaging needs to be made. The second set came with internal protective 'bubble' that had all been burst providing no support whatsoever. 

I continue to support all at Accurascale as previously mentioned. 

Many thanks

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If you could send us box pictures it would help as if the air pockets were burst it indicates severe rough handling between the warehouse and you (in addition to the sturdy double walled card boxes)

Edited by McC

• RMweb Gold

I’m going to Wade in a little here.

I received 2 deliveries of these beautiful JSA open wagons and on both deliveries some parts were loose. I re-glued them back on easy peasy and wouldn’t have contemplated sending them back for such minor issues. 10 mins work and all done.

Some will say that by doing that I am not helping Accurascale be slightly better (if that’s even possible) but I am about to throw in my two penneth.

I think the glue holding the parts together is just adequate enough.
I think the Accurascale packaging is fine at holding the wagons in place.

I think the cardboard box (not the sturdiest but adequate) and protective bubble wrapping are ok but, there is not enough bubble wrapping filling all the voids within the cardboard box. This leads to the inner boxes being able to move around and where this happens you end up with the wagon boxes accelerating around within the outer cardboard box during spirited handling. This is what leads to damage, years of eBay has taught me this. My test is to package something and then shake it in my hands, if it doesn’t move in the box then it won’t (don’t quote me) arrive damaged. BTW I always post with Hermes (no doubt roughly handled) and have never had anyone complain about a damaged item (hundreds sent). Accurascale have obviously posted a lot more than me before anyone says so.

Both my deliveries when shaken had wiggle room and both had some damage.

The above is just my opinion and I won’t be engaging anymore on the subject, I have said my piece. It is intended to help with future packaging for Accurascale and to ensure your continued success with minimal returns. Also I have lots more Accurascale products that will be arriving at my door in the future and the less fixing I have to do the more weathering I can get on with!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/04/2021 at 20:09, Krieghoff said:

The second set came with internal protective 'bubble' that had all been burst providing no support whatsoever. 

Looking at my packaging I'd say the 'bubbles' never had air in them to start with - it's difficult to believe that every single cell would burst in transit.

Graham

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, bartram108 said:

Looking at my packaging I'd say the 'bubbles' never had air in them to start with - it's difficult to believe that every single cell would burst in transit.

Graham

To be fair to our warehouse team there is little point in putting deflated bubbles in a parcel :) drop support a line and they can show you the CCTV snap we take of every single outbound package before it’s sealed. 

Edited by McC

Just to add my part. I ordered and received a pair of the wagons. Upon unpacking they were more a kit of parts. 

All the hoods were off. All The metal frame rails. Several buffers, several of the hood locking hands including one snapped. Just simply too much to start sticking them on.

I contacted accurascale and have returned them awaiting for my replacement. 

Whilst I hope the replacements arrive safe and well, I hope the packaging style is reviewed before the release of the deltics

The parcel service was parcel Force as with other people's orders. 

On a positive . The wagons if in good condition would be excellent. But we have to point things out. Or things can't improve 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, gpplumy said:

Just to add my part. I ordered and received a pair of the wagons. Upon unpacking they were more a kit of parts. 

All the hoods were off. All The metal frame rails. Several buffers, several of the hood locking hands including one snapped. Just simply too much to start sticking them on.

I contacted accurascale and have returned them awaiting for my replacement. 

Whilst I hope the replacements arrive safe and well, I hope the packaging style is reviewed before the release of the deltics

The parcel service was parcel Force as with other people's orders. 

On a positive . The wagons if in good condition would be excellent. But we have to point things out. Or things can't improve 

Hi @gpplumy,

Many thanks for your feedback and once again we are very sorry your wagons suffered this fate. 

To be fair to the design team, our robust, quality boxes and packages have been heavily tested, as I’m sure those who have had other lines can attest, we also packed in strong doubled walled cartons, with 100% void fill air bubbles and tape the cartons with fragile wrap.

Unfortunately, due to the unique route the JSA line took (China, Rotterdam, Dublin) as we couldn’t land them to our UK warehouse, this is the first (and last) time we’ve shipped with Parcel Force (going from GLS ie to Parcel Force UK). While the majority of parcels have made it fine, a small percentage have suffered very rough handling, which Parcel Force are blaming on HMRC! If the air bubbles are burst when opening your package, it is down to very rough handling. They are always inflated when packed and it takes a lot to burst them inside a box. As you can see from the image below we received from one customer, no end of excellent packaging could prevent the damage that was to befall it in transit (if you are squeamish look away now!) 

1930614999_smashedJSA.JPG.8cad381b12e29da228fd60c986bf59fe.JPG

We sincerely apologise for the frustration and disappointment when anyone receives something damaged in this way, but our warranty team are working with anyone impacted to resolve, and from Monday all Dublin sent parcels are going to Royal Mail (and UK based shipments (so everything not JSA) are unimpacted in any way and arriving just fine! Hope that helps clarify, and share our own frustration with the poor handling experience. Needless to say, we will NEVER use Parcelforce ever again, and if anyone has any issues we ask them to email us direct to support@accurascale.co.uk where we will make it right for you.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I contacted Accurascale last night about a minor problem with a couple of my wagons and Patrick responded pretty much straight away.  The fact that I had an answer so late into the evening is seriously impressive.  

Accurascale have gone up further in my estimation.

Andrew

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @gpplumy,

Many thanks for your feedback and once again we are very sorry your wagons suffered this fate. 

To be fair to the design team, our robust, quality boxes and packages have been heavily tested, as I’m sure those who have had other lines can attest, we also packed in strong doubled walled cartons, with 100% void fill air bubbles and tape the cartons with fragile wrap.

Unfortunately, due to the unique route the JSA line took (China, Rotterdam, Dublin) as we couldn’t land them to our UK warehouse, this is the first (and last) time we’ve shipped with Parcel Force (going from GLS ie to Parcel Force UK). While the majority of parcels have made it fine, a small percentage have suffered very rough handling, which Parcel Force are blaming on HMRC! If the air bubbles are burst when opening your package, it is down to very rough handling. They are always inflated when packed and it takes a lot to burst them inside a box. As you can see from the image below we received from one customer, no end of excellent packaging could prevent the damage that was to befall it in transit (if you are squeamish look away now!) 

We sincerely apologise for the frustration and disappointment when anyone receives something damaged in this way, but our warranty team are working with anyone impacted to resolve, and from Monday all Dublin sent parcels are going to Royal Mail (and UK based shipments (so everything not JSA) are unimpacted in any way and arriving just fine! Hope that helps clarify, and share our own frustration with the poor handling experience. Needless to say, we will NEVER use Parcelforce ever again, and if anyone has any issues we ask them to email us direct to support@accurascale.co.uk where we will make it right for you.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi fran 

I must admitni hadent thought of the 2 5 pack wagons that my partner purchased that arrived to him safely..

I can believe that it's all down to parcel force. A shame that a once respected company like them seems to be having a habit of becoming the worst for damage. 

I look forward to my replacements arriving back with Me. I have had the note to inform me you received my wagons and are reviewing them. I'll be glad to add them to my steelworks layout :).

And don't worry , I still plan to get my deltic ! 

Andrew 

FB_IMG_1617561932989.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, gpplumy said:

Whilst I hope the replacements arrive safe and well, I hope the packaging style is reviewed before the release of the deltics...

If you mean the external packaging I would agree with you as I have had a couple of boxes that have been a bit squashed as they are a bit soft. However, if you mean the internal packaging for the wagons themselves, I hope there is no change as I think it is some of the best packaging there is. My only comment there would be to make sure that the wagons can still be put in their boxes with an Accurascale load fitted...

Cheers,

Roy 

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @gpplumy,

Cheers!

Fran

Hello Fran,just an idea,seeing as you will have a Large Volumn of Products coming to Market this year,and there are some exeptional Modellers around and on here,have you considered a 'Bargain Basement' section on your website where Rejects,Damaged Returns,and Faulty Items could be offered for sale,sold as seen  ?  tia Paul.