JSA, by Accurascale

Just got the email for the open coil wagons, and have to ask, will we be able to get the coil loads as spares? Also, one of the wagons has a wonky buffer lol.

PS, the buffers on these, are they 18"oleo? And will they be available as a spare, as they will be useful for modern air braked wagons.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Just got the email for the open coil wagons, and have to ask, will we be able to get the coil loads as spares? Also, one of the wagons has a wonky buffer lol.

PS, the buffers on these, are they 18"oleo? And will they be available as a spare, as they will be useful for modern air braked wagons.

Hi Cheesysmith - we hope to offer the coils as an accessory pack in time, and yes, the sample was missing a buffer for it's photo op - well spotted :)

I'll check with the team regarding the buffers.

• RMweb Gold

The coils would be great as a separate accessory. I definitely have a need for them. Unfortunately the wagons themselves are too late for my modelling period.  However I have a good few PTAs on order and will be getting more.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2020 at 13:48, classy52 said:

Just a quickie (gotta stop saying that), would the topless wagons go with the hooded wagons in a prototypical rake?

As a general rule, open wagons are used for hot material (as in ~>100°C) or anything for further processing (pickling/tubing). e.g. Trostre/Corby/Hartlepool/Llanwern flows.

Covered wagons are used for cold material or finished coils. e.g Shotton/Round Oak/Llanwern.

So would have happened on the Margam - Llanwern, but probably rare, as the hooded (VTG) are being converted to open and most of the open fleet are used on Corby flows in that period.

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had already placed an order for the black VTG open coil carriers and have been trying so hard to resist placing another order but for the VTG hooded variant this time but after seeing the detail including the rivets, I’ve caved in and just placed an order for the bundle of 6 wagons, along with some of your superb LED fitted buffer stops.
I’d love you guys to take on the class 153 doing a super detailed version with all those rivets :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Shoey said:

I’d love you guys to take on the class 153 doing a super detailed version with all those rivets :D 

Then with a chance of Local Lines livery as they seem to be doing/choosing to do harder liveries such as the DRS Fade livery on the Class 37s it would make for a very nice model. 

Anyway back on topic to the JSAs they do look very nice indeed especially the VTG open coil carriers and the VTG hooded wagons but i have to limit what items i get as i only got limited amount of room and haven't got a layout yet.  

Samuel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sc2016 said:

Then with a chance of Local Lines livery as they seem to be doing/choosing to do harder liveries such as the DRS Fade livery on the Class 37s it would make for a very nice model.

Now you’re talking! As greedy as it sounds I’d go for 2-3 of these as living in Newton Abbot I saw many of these in plenty of formations plus attempting to model the First group Blue (and hopefully one day include the dynamic/local lines) colours, I’d be a very happy chappy :D 

These steel wagons are no where near where I live but rule number 1 will apply alot on my layout and I have a ‘thing’ for steel trains :locomotive: and with how good they are looking, I just can’t resist!

Hoping these guys will consider the IHA steel wagons next :clapping_mini:

Edited by Shoey
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2020 at 15:29, slg said:

Going to have to order me some blue ones after seeing this photo from a different topic.

Managed to resist for an extra 2 months.

Finally caved and placed order for all 3 packs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I too am looking forward to these, despite at the moment not having a loco to pull them. I am thinking the aptly named "Stainless Pioneer" when it turns up.

That is 60062, not 37275 or 56112, or anything else that's carried that name!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I too am looking forward to these, despite at the moment not having a loco to pull them. I am thinking the aptly named "Stainless Pioneer" when it turns up.

That is 60062, not 37275 or 56112, or anything else that's carried that name!

Great minds think alike...I am also dealing with this conundrum but toying with the idea of getting hold of 60066 Drax to deal with it.

Edited by classy52

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2020 at 18:36, classy52 said:

Great minds think alike...I am also dealing with this conundrum but toying with the idea of getting hold of 60066 Drax to deal with it.

On the 60 front I've just bought 60005 Transrail Skiddaw for this, as well as for duties pulling the iron ore PTAs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

In our latest project update, we bring you news of the JSA! 

JSA.jpg.4f9087e435c417f8b07e3edf2e824b7a.jpg

While COVID has thrown a spanner in pretty much everywhere, they're just 6 weeks away from production completion and are due on these shores late November/Early December! Priced at £59.95 per twin pack, and with bundle deals available (just £26.67 per wagon!) they represent unbeatable value of high quality, smooth running, exquisite detail and low price!

Read more about these varied wagons and place your orders here, including news about our newly launched coil load packs! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/jsa-coil-carrier 

Just the Class 92 to go on our project update list!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Mr Pix said:

Hi Fran... Great news about the coil packs....

Sorry  to be a pain, could you tell me know the dimensions of the Coils.

cheers... Jez

they are just under 25mm in diameter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m thinking of getting a set of the telescopic version but I’m unsure which ones to get?  I’d like to model the Boston steel train in the Colas (mid 2010’s) era.  According to the pictures I’ve seen on Flickr, the train was usually made up IHA bogie covered steel coil wagons but some of the trains were mixed 50/50 with I think JSA’s or a complete rake.

The problem I’m facing is the pictures are not very clear as the photographer has concentrated of the loco.  As IHA’s are unavailable as a OO scale model, I’d like to recreate the train if possible with JSA’s if they are correct.