JSA, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Received my first bundle today of VTG's. Not a Happy Bunny im afraid

Every single wagon had parts either loose in the box and in one case two buffers missing from one wagon. Whilst i appreciate that these models are indeed the benchmark gents, i am really disappointed that on this occasion i have had to spend the best part of three hours gluing parts back on. The worst are the metal carrier rails inside that were all broken loose and rattling around in the wagons. I have managed to refit these.

Im not having a go here. Ive spent a lot of money and intend to keep doing so but the Quality control on this batch certainly doesnt seem to be as good as previous ones.

I have emailed support@accurascale and i hope that the guys there can send me the two buffers for these wagons.

Lets hope i have better luck with the BR blue bundle when it arrives.

Hi @Krieghoff,

We are very sorry to hear that your models have turned up in such condition. It sounds like the courier had great fun with it!

We will respond to your email and sort you out with any warranty assistance you may require once we receive it. 

If anyone has any issue with any Accurascale model the best thing to do is email us support@accurascale.co.uk with your order number and we will help you out!

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

23 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Received my first bundle today of VTG's. Not a Happy Bunny im afraid

Every single wagon had parts either loose in the box and in one case two buffers missing from one wagon. Whilst i appreciate that these models are indeed the benchmark gents, i am really disappointed that on this occasion i have had to spend the best part of three hours gluing parts back on. The worst are the metal carrier rails inside that were all broken loose and rattling around in the wagons. I have managed to refit these.

Im not having a go here. Ive spent a lot of money and intend to keep doing so but the Quality control on this batch certainly doesnt seem to be as good as previous ones.

I have emailed support@accurascale and i hope that the guys there can send me the two buffers for these wagons.

Lets hope i have better luck with the BR blue bundle when it arrives.

So I checked over my bundle pack yesterday, and all 6 wagons are exactly as they should be, nothing loose, nothing detached, nothing missing.

I think you've been unlucky with the courier mistreating the parcel, rather than Accurascale's QA slipping.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Ive got the missing parts coming so thanks to the team at Accurascale for sorting that however, every single wagon had carrier rails loose and two buffers completely missing. Its the first time ive had an issue like this and hope that a review is undertaken of the packaging and/or the carriers used, if that indeed was the issue here but it certainly doesnt explain the two missing buffers !

Fortunately for me i have micro tweezers and the dexterity and ability to put them all back on but i shouldnt have to really !

Other than that, a fantastically detailed and excellent wagon. 

Edited by Krieghoff

1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

Ive got the missing parts coming so thanks to the team at Accurascale for sorting that however, every single wagon had carrier rails loose and two buffers completely missing. Its the first time ive had an issue like this and hope that a review is undertaken of the packaging and/or the carriers used, if that indeed was the issue here but it certainly doesnt explain the two missing buffers !

Fortunately for me i have micro tweezers and the dexterity and ability to put them all back on but i shouldnt have to really !

Im afraid if the BS blue ones are like this, they will be returned.

I have had no problems at all with my 6.  

The packaging is very sturdy and each wagon is protected by a small sheet of film-like stuff(!)

I am sorry that you have had problems but it looks like your experience is not the norm.

I have no hesitation in buying more.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

My 12 just arrived... all peasant and correct.

Amazed to find the hood locking handle, isnt just static, but actually works as a hood locking handle ...

6x VTG telescopics and 6x JSA opens with loads.

noticed they've started selling out on the site too.

You know people who buy Ferraris still complain.. just not about Fords, they just get used to Ferraris and expect more

i’m starting to get blase about Accurascale standards.. they are really nice, fantastic detail, but i’m getting use to it... your going to have to up your game and impress me. ;-).. i’m spolit now !

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Youve been very unlucky there.  Ive had about twenty boxes (66 wagons) of various AS wagons and had only one part loose. A broken tension lock coupling that i take off anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Bit harsh that, not all rolling stock can be the royal train!

Peasant ye not...

i’m peasantly surprised..

100E676B-4449-4336-8E8B-527B5148FBAE.jpeg.68e76129ef575f590a90a282fb47c058.jpeg

not sure if i’m supposed to dismantle it... but hey...

0B16A6E7-CFC4-49CA-85CA-F86B8B8DB713.jpeg.ba6948975c372c7c7d4e801d8e4525d5.jpeg80D486E7-E8F0-4EBD-BCF3-16EBACAC1E47.jpeg.d2da69bd60ed0b5d12a8ed7e2e6778bc.jpeg

148C1FDF-BCC5-4FEC-95B5-F237AAFBC065.jpeg.011a968aa0fa657bbef86023e76306a8.jpeg

Cant believe Ive found a fault.... has anyone phoned that number to check theyve got it right ?

do i get a prize ?

i’m down to checking screw heads have been turned to nice straight angles...

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

148C1FDF-BCC5-4FEC-95B5-F237AAFBC065.jpeg.011a968aa0fa657bbef86023e76306a8.jpeg

Cant believe I've found a fault.... has anyone phoned that number to check they've got it right ?

It does indeed look like the first two digits of the phone number have been transposed, but the rest of the phone number and the emergency one seem to be correct.  However, I think most of us would struggle to notice, as presumably the text in that photograph is larger than it is on the model.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

It does indeed look like the first two digits of the phone number have been transposed, but the rest of the phone number and the emergency one seem to be correct.  However, I think most of us would struggle to notice, as presumably the text in that photograph is larger than it is on the model.

I cant read the text with my eyes.

I was surprised when I zoomed in that the text was readable at all !

As I said above Ferarri owner problems !

Should we let them off the hook or beat them up ? - The phone number I cant read without a magnifying glass is wrong ?

:D

poor guys, cant win ;-)

edit.. just because... Ive measured the text height,.. the font is 0.24mm tall !
I’m now going to apply for a job in forensics using this as a reference.

Fantastic wagons!

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Tugs said:

I think you've been unlucky with the courier mistreating the parcel, rather than Accurascale's QA slipping.

I dunno, the rail that was off my VTG was off because it hadn't enough glue on I don't think. Issues such as mine or Kreighoffs, they probably are in the minority, but to blanket claim anything that goes wrong with a JSA is the courier's fault is pushing it I think.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I dunno, the rail that was off my VTG was off because it hadn't enough glue on I don't think. Issues such as mine or Kreighoffs, they probably are in the minority, but to blanket claim anything that goes wrong with a JSA is the courier's fault is pushing it I think.

Hi Tom,

Perhaps one piece on one wagon falling off might be a QC oversight for sure, but 11 wagons arriving in poor condition points to something more than that, especially considering others turning up in fully assembled condition.

As I stated previously, if anyone has any issue with any Accurascale model, please email us with your order number to support@accurascale.co.uk and we will remedy your issue. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Perhaps one piece on one wagon falling off might be a QC oversight for sure, but 11 wagons arriving in poor condition points to something more than that, especially considering others turning up in fully assembled condition.

Yes that's fair dos. I sorted mine out so no issues from me, the other 5 wagons I got were spot on.

I just think people being blind to the idea there may be an issue (as small as it might be) won't help anyone.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold

I do not know how many Accurascale wagons I have (especially if my wife is reading this) but it is a lot. I cannot recall ever having an issue. I am sure ones like Tom's can arise from time to time but having most of the wagons with bits missing does seem to indicate a problem in transit.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

My BSC blue “bundle” arrived safe and sound this morning and each wagon is OK - no missing or broken parts.

Really impressed - so much so that I have ordered a VTG pack.

Cheers

Darius

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

As I stated previously, if anyone has any issue with any Accurascale model, please email us with your order number to support@accurascale.co.uk and we will remedy your issue. 

Cheers!

Fran

Just to clarify Fran. Ive only received my first bundle of six wagons. 

I have another bundle of BS blue on the way 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TomScrut said:

No, I agree. I'm definitely not trying to blanket anything, and given the number of things being produced at the factory issues will always slip through the net. Gladly, the AS team are utterly fantastic at resolving issues it would seem, tho I've been lucky enough that I've only had to deal with change of delivery address issues, which definitely wasn't AS's fault!

I'm a bit wary of couriers, having had plenty of bad experiences (the most recent of which involved a fairly high spec work server being transformed from a cube to a rhombus by rough handling at the hands of a large/well known courier service...), so I always start at the point of most likely problems. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tugs said:

No, I agree. I'm definitely not trying to blanket anything, and given the number of things being produced at the factory issues will always slip through the net. Gladly, the AS team are utterly fantastic at resolving issues it would seem, tho I've been lucky enough that I've only had to deal with change of delivery address issues, which definitely wasn't AS's fault!

I'm a bit wary of couriers, having had plenty of bad experiences (the most recent of which involved a fairly high spec work server being transformed from a cube to a rhombus by rough handling at the hands of a large/well known courier service...), so I always start at the point of most likely problems. 

Ive just had notification that my BS blue versions are coming so lets see how that goes. Hopefully not a repeat of the last bundle that came. Royal Mail parcelforce delivered the last one.  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I’ve had my bundle of the 6 British Steel Blue wagons through, and they are lovely! All arrived safe and sound, no breakages and are truly superb.

They are so gorgeous in the bright blue, normally I love weathering but the prospect of making these look faded and tatty like their true late 90s condition seems a little bit like ruining a work of art! Better get started before I change my mind..! :lol:

Great work as usual lads! :good_mini:

James

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, James Makin said:

I’ve had my bundle of the 6 British Steel Blue wagons through, and they are lovely! All arrived safe and sound, no breakages and are truly superb.

They are so gorgeous in the bright blue, normally I love weathering but the prospect of making these look faded and tatty like their true late 90s condition seems a little bit like ruining a work of art! Better get started before I change my mind..! :lol:

James

Giving how good everything they do is, can you imagine what a weatherd version would look like if they ever did one 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, James Makin said:

James

Really looking forward to see your superb weathering skills on these James!

Cheers,

Fran 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1