Cambrian C5 6 Ton Crane

That's true, I think I might have some metal hooks in a 'bits' box.

I have found the images on my instruction sheet to be very dark making it difficult to see what goes where.

I am totally stumped now with the weight box, side platforms and crane base etc.

Edited by michaelp

21 hours ago, michaelp said:

That's true, I think I might have some metal hooks in a 'bits' box.

I have found the images on my instruction sheet to be very dark making it difficult to see what goes where.

I am totally stumped now with the weight box, side platforms and crane base etc.

I cant help you with the instructions but I can get some photos of my model tomorrow if that helps.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/10/2019 at 17:57, michaelp said:

I am currently building one of the above kits, did anyone whoever built one of these kits get any coupling hooks for the match truck and crane? I dont appear to have any in my kit.

I just checked one I started a few years back and never finished - there are no coupling hooks. I think this is just a thing with Cambrian kits, none of the ones I have built (quite a few now...) have any coupling hooks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 57xx said:

I just checked one I started a few years back and never finished - there are no coupling hooks. I think this is just a thing with Cambrian kits, none of the ones I have built (quite a few now...) have any coupling hooks.

Thanks for your reply, I have found a pack of metal hooks I had lying around.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, michaelp said:

Thanks for your reply, I have found a pack of metal hooks I had lying around.

No problem, it's a good reminder for me that I need to order some too!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 57xx said:

They used to sell the three link couplings separately. Still got some Cambrian ones somewhere.

Jason

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

They used to sell the three link couplings separately. Still got some Cambrian ones somewhere.

Jason

I think that the instructions say to use instanter couplings for the crane.

22 minutes ago, michaelp said:

I think that the instructions say to use instanter couplings for the crane.

They used to sell those as well. This is going back to the late 1970s and early 1980s. I don't think they sold the couplings after a while.

You can sometimes find them lurking about at exhibitions or bargain bins in model shops.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cambrian+models+couplings&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGiOzRtZ7lAhXcRhUIHcDkCxQQ_AUIESgB&biw=1366&bih=655#imgrc=_I5wdp0ZE_oDGM:

Jason

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 17:57, michaelp said:

I am currently building one of the above kits, did anyone whoever built one of these kits get any coupling hooks for the match truck and crane? I dont appear to have any in my kit.

I've built one recently and I didn't get any either. I also found the instructions very confusing.... 

2 hours ago, GWR5764 said:

I've built one recently and I didn't get any either. I also found the instructions very confusing.... 

Yes I struggled with the instructions not helped by the fact that the crane and parts images on the instruction sheet were very dark almost Black, this made working out where some of the smaller parts were meant to go difficult.

• Agree 1