If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Just joined up, saying hello.

Jeepy

Hello everyone, 

My name's Jim but the registration process said I'm unable to use it as a display name, tried Jimbo too but with the same result as someone else is using those understandably! So I thought i'd try the name of one of my other interests and it worked! LOL!

I've been lurking around on the forum reading some very interesting threads for a while so thought I would join up just in case I had something constructive to interject with occasionally! I've been into model railways since childhood and am now into my 50s but never really completely finished a layout project with life getting in the way, apart from a couple of small N gauge ones in the distant past, also a OO loft layout in our previous house that was at least all up and running until we decided to move around 9 Years ago! 

I got into N gauge and 2mm for quite a while again and built up quite a collection of loco's and stock and tools etc but although the smaller scale still holds a fascination for me I started finding it harder after needing glasses both for reading and driving so I have now sold most of it (I still have some stuff) which has funded my return to 4mm in the guise of a new OO gauge project in a purpose built slightly bigger shed and a recent dipping of a toe into the EM gauge side of things by joining the Society but I am concentrating on the OO gauge project at the moment in the form of an 'L' shape semi-permanent fiddle yard to terminus layout, 10ft along one wall and 14ft along the other wall, the 10ft part being a 5 road traverser off scene and the 14ft bit being the scenic part.

The traverser and baseboards and backscene are all built but no track laid as yet because i'm still fine tuning a track plan mostly in my head and scribbles on bits of paper! I have purchased 2 Peco OO gauge code 75 bullhead turnouts and 5 lengths of the flexi track to play with but will inevitably will need more, also an NCE Powercab so i'm going DCC! This has been funded mostly by the sale of my N gauge loco's and stock, interesting times ahead!...…...I've been a member of other forums in the past under different guises as either Stumpy or Jimbo so you may or may not have had the dubious pleasure of being acquainted with me and I've found forum dwellers to be a fascinating, friendly and helpful bunch along the way, there's certainly some characters around too! Bless you all and I hope to be able to contribute something sometimes as well as pestering the more knowledgeable on here occasionally, thank you!

Jim.

Thank you! Inspiration certainly seems to be in abundance on here! I forgot to mention the shed layout will be South Eastern based in the late 1950s to early 1960s and I've been doing a lot of reading about and searching for stuff online concerning the Allhallows on Sea branch which interests me a lot but while I haven't got the room to do it justice I have in mind some thing based on it, although it closed around 1961/62 I would like to portray my version of it as if it had thrived as intended by the Southern Railway when it was built in 1931/32 and by the time we got into the late 50s early 60s it was still a very popular holiday destination for some, also a popular place to live with a decent sized community including commuters to London but as I've said I'm still seeing what will fit into the space and I don't want to crowd it out with too much track.... I would just like to create a certain atmosphere I think, I have started purchasing stock and loco's such as an H class with a push pull set, a C class, an E4 tank, a birdcage 3 car set and a few wagons, future purchases would be a Q1 maybe a 2MT and an early class 33 diesel but I think I'm going to concentrate on infrastructure for a while now....... Best wishes, 

Jim.