Has anyone heard of RB Model Railways of Walsall?

TEAMYAKIMA

Hello all

I've just found a credit payment on my statement to a company called RB MODEL RAILWAYS OF WALSALL and I can't ever remember dealing with them. Now I accept that it's unlikely to be fraudulent use by someone - I am after all a model railway enthusiast - but my credit card supplier cannot give me any details of the transaction - even whether it was a mail order transaction or in person. I have googled the company name and got nothing - anyone heard of them?

Nothing comes up on the UK Model Shop Directory either. Don’t dismiss it as not a scam just because it’s model railway related. Scammers rely on using plausible identities that are unlikely to raise suspicions. I’m also amazed that your card provider cannot provide any information

Good luck..

Tim T

All packed up ready to move to Felinfoel

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Spent a lot of time in Walsall over the last 39 years and never heard that name.  In fact there are only two names I associate with models railways and Walsall.  One is Wednesbury wheels handled by a unit in North St, and Graingers models formerly in George St, who tended to do more dolls house stuff than mopel railways.  Last I heard Graingers were in a shop on an estate off the Sutton road out of Walsall. 

• Agree 1

On 14/10/2019 at 19:25, 47423 said:

Was it an Ebay purchase ?, could be the sellers trading name.

Sounds plausible. If the date is checked and compared with any emails from online purchases it'll probably show something about the same date. Ebay sellers accounts are often wildly different from their ebay ID.

Edited by Coppercap
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, 198120 said:

R B models were on the Walsall Road Great Barr  closed down about 20 years ago I think the owners son had something to do with picture pride cabinets

RESULT!!!!!!!

Many thanks - yes that makes total sense - that's put my mind at rest.

• Friendly/supportive 1