Locomotion & Rails of Sheffield announce SE&CR D Class

AY Mod

1 hour ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I have noticed the order hasn't yet deducted the £30 deposit off the RRP, I assume that'll auto deduct when it comes to paying, I can't remember how it worked when I had a Terrier on pre order 

Does that make you an auto deduct autodidact?

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Do you contend,

That the clickety clack on the viaduct track,

Makes the sound of a chap, an autodidact,

Who wishes to see an auto deduct,

On his credited spend?

Or would you retract?

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Round of applause 8
  • Funny 1

14 hours ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I have noticed the order hasn't yet deducted the £30 deposit off the RRP, I assume that'll auto deduct when it comes to paying, I can't remember how it worked when I had a Terrier on pre order 

I have 3 D class pre-ordered, and did the same thing with the Terriers (3 of those ordered as well). On both orders, there are 3 records for the £30, and 3 covering bigger amounts (there are variations, so read on)..

Now for the terriers, (all on the same order but dispatched at different times), 2 of them show a reduced RRP (RRP minus £30) while the third (which was the second to be actually sent) shows the full RRP even though the amount invoiced was full RRP minus £30. Two different systems used on one order.

My D class order shows 3 records with £30 and 3 with full RRP.

It remains to be seen what will happen at the time of dispatch.

19 hours ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I have to say I find the Rails Of Sheffield website pretty flakey - it looks pretty but doesn't seem to work very well.

I have agreed to the new price, but now there is no record anywhere on my account of the preorder. I seem to remember similar things with other orders. It's not a good customer experience which means that Rails are a retailer of second choice for me.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 27/02/2021 at 17:31, Pre Grouping fan said:

It is but I can imagine there's a few others like me after seeing the first samples with the interesting colours used, though there were some good areas.

No warning of low stock has been given yet so I hope there will be enough left when production models are shown 

Its not like they won't release another different number at some stage in the future, I'm not worries about these limited runs any more. they usually always pop up later down the line if there is more money to take off of people.

• 4 weeks later...

My word that is a particularly elegant looking machine in Southern olive! I think my H2's moment in the spotlight is about to come to an end. Apologies in advanced to all my locos for feeling neglected while my Southern pair get all the running attention, what stunning looking models!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

From memory I think we only saw images of the left hand sides of the initial livery samples. It is noted that the Cycling lion early emblem is facing backwards on the right hand side, at the time these emblems usually faced forwards on both sides as it does on at least one photo I have seen for 31574.  It would be good if anyone has a photo with the RH rear facing emblem?

2 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

From memory I think we only saw images of the left hand sides of the initial livery samples. It is noted that the Cycling lion early emblem is facing backwards on the right hand side, at the time these emblems usually faced forwards on both sides as it does on at least one photo I have seen for 31574.  It would be good if anyone has a photo with the RH rear facing emblem?

Was just about to pick this up. Every photo I can see from the usual sources plus a google images search (surprisingly, quite a few photos) shows it facing forwards, rather than back.

A stunning model, though, and it looks excellent in every livery. So smart. It looks much better in these photos than in the sample images, and the improvements in areas such as the olive colour are very positive. The intermediate BR livery with sunshine lettering is irresistible.

Edited by Calidore
  • Like 1

Just got the email with the nice pictures telling me there is now a DCC Sound option.  Another 120 quid.  Quite interested, but would like to know where the sound comes from and hear it first.

3 hours ago, Rising Standards said:

@Oliver Rails - I notice the lined BR version still has polished handrails, whereas the other black models now have them painted as I'd expect (and prefer). Can you please confirm whether these are completely representative of how the production models will be?

Does this reassure?

1698657731_31574atAshfordSep-56LI23-Copy.JPG.9145849a9b09f10823f33c92eaa7da93.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Does this reassure?

1698657731_31574atAshfordSep-56LI23-Copy.JPG.9145849a9b09f10823f33c92eaa7da93.JPG

Sorry not really, they are still black but in bright sunshine, in the same way the boiler has a bleached out stripe down the middle. 

• Agree 8

1 minute ago, Graham_Muz said:

Sorry not really, they are still black but in bright sunshine, in the same way the boiler has a bleached out stripe down the middle. 

Ah, Dynamometer coach lining all over again! Looks burnished to me, but not my period.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Edwardian said:

Ah, Dynamometer coach lining all over again! Looks burnished to me, but not my period.

Compare with the short cabside rail and also the cab door rails you can see the transition in light affecting the look.

• Agree 6

2 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

Just got the email with the nice pictures telling me there is now a DCC Sound option.  Another 120 quid.  Quite interested, but would like to know where the sound comes from and hear it first.

£125 on top. I've modified my NRM order to sound but my 3 rails ones will remain plain.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Are these emails from Locomotion or Rails? Only asking as I didn’t get anything about confirming the price either but my order is still in my Rails account. If it’s Rails too I’ll have to contact Oliver again as I raised this a few months ago.