Locomotion & Rails of Sheffield announce SE&CR D Class

AY Mod

On 28/06/2021 at 16:51, phil gollin said:

Has no one else received their 4S-027-003,  British Railways Sunshine Black ?

It looks very nice.

Mine arrived on Saturday, so a few are making it out. It was actually part of an order with the SR olive green version, and I found it slightly amusing that they were processed and dispatched less than one hour apart, so they arrived in two separate parcels at exactly the same time...

I haven't checked if this is the most economical postage method at their weight and size, but it just seemed a little funny. However, as they arrived safely (minus each requiring a left rear buffer pushed back into position) I'm not going to complain! :)  I am particularly partial to the BR sunshine black. 

• Like 2

On 28/06/2021 at 16:51, phil gollin said:

Has no one else received their 4S-027-003,  British Railways Sunshine Black ?

It looks very nice.

Yep, mine can last Friday. Greeted by the tender buffers floating around in the box. At least it is he right shade of black. Does run well despite only the rear tender wheels touching the track.

815803434_DSCN2925(2).JPG.0db60444f4128e9c8e29c0326949df88.JPG

347971827_IMG_5593(2).JPG.f8a720ac44730ab8f78d9d4d2739d753.JPG

• Like 4

Apparently Dapol has been sending Rails the locos in small batches so they can only ship what and how many they are sent. The SECR locos arrived first so went out first. The rest will come in due order.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

My Wainwright-liveried example was posted today, however I didn't pre-order until quite late in the process - only a few months ago. Hopefully the trip across the pond isn't too traumatic (and Canada Customs doesn't leave it on a shelf for a while) and it's in my hands in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Jack P said:

I saw someone on FB had received their BR Lined black version!

My BR lined Black one arrived a couple of days ago - very nice...  Can't easily do any pictures at the moment though...

22 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Was looking at my bank account because it's bill day and another payment has gone to rails so I guess the Southern sunshine one is coming! This one has no lining to mess up at least just potentially over sized letters and numbers but we'll see!

Fingers crossed mine isn't far behind! I pre-ordered as soon as they were announced!

• Like 1

Finally got them to ship my Southern green one today. Turns out they were waiting for me to add items to the order but I had already done it 2 weeks ago when I last checked the order status with one of their customer service employees. Left hand didn’t know what the right hand was doing! They really need a Trunk service like Hatton’s. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Paul_C said:

I have tried to phone Rails today (fifteen attempts) but their number was constantly engaged which I find a bit odd.

Paul C.

Send an E.Mail ??   They are moving back into the new shop I think this week, plus lots of new stuff just arrived from various suppliers.  I spoke to them today.

Charlie

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Paul_C said:

I have tried to phone Rails today (fifteen attempts) but their number was constantly engaged which I find a bit odd.

Paul C.

Seen this ?

• Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, Paul_C said:

Has anyone received the BR black version with early crest yet (31574)? Mine is with sound so I guess it will be a little while yet.

Paul C 

I've just had notification that my dcc ready BR early crest has been dispatched this morning.

Edited by rembrow

• RMweb Premium

Annoying that the safety valve base has escaped the grey paint (it was ok on the sample), now we need to find a paint match for the grey.

• RMweb Gold

Just received an email that my three sound fitted locos (SECR, Southern Olive and BR lined black) have been shipped today in what seems to be in one parcel as I've only been charged £4 for postage.

Keith