TFW Class 67 #67025

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting rather fed up with the, rather insipid, forty shadesof grey liveries. Strong colours always have more appeal: GWR, Scotrail, Gatwick Express, refurb South Eastern but definitely not EMR!

David

• Agree 2

The white numbers look to be the standard DB numbers as applied to our red locos. I wonder if they are applied to get the loco ready for transit as what was in stock and will be replaced with something darker once at Canton?

Jo

When TfW took over the franchise could they do anything this want livery wise or is there certain things that aren't allowed.

The new livery on the units does look modern, however I feel they should have added some green on it somewhere.

Who gets the final say on it too, does the boss say this is what I want so do it.. do final liveries need to go through network rail for approval?

Thanks. 

49 minutes ago, matt-b said:

When TfW took over the franchise could they do anything this want livery wise or is there certain things that aren't allowed.

The new livery on the units does look modern, however I feel they should have added some green on it somewhere.

Who gets the final say on it too, does the boss say this is what I want so do it.. do final liveries need to go through network rail for approval?

Thanks. 

I think they will have settled on their livery a long time ago. 

I think liveries need approval against group standards but not for personal preference /aesthetics so doubt you will see any changes now

On 17/10/2019 at 07:24, Luke Piewalker said:

Are there any plans to add vinyls or anything along those lines? Plenty of space for a big Welsh Dragon there...

The locos for the previous franchse (Arriva) carried no branding. Only the coaches were branded.

The 3 blue locos have not been used on the trains for years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2019 at 21:16, DavidLong said:

I'm getting rather fed up with the, rather insipid, forty shadesof grey liveries. Strong colours always have more appeal: GWR, Scotrail, Gatwick Express, refurb South Eastern but definitely not EMR!

David

I have to say that i really like the new EMR livery, it will look great on the Hitachi units and cascaded Turbostars and Desiros when they are delivered/ cascaded. 

I understand what you mean about the grey liveries but i think the TfW livery is here to stay along the same lines as the ScotRail livery whereas the livery will no longer change when the operator changes as its defined by The Welsh Assembly.

Probably the most striking livery around atm for me is the TransPennine Express livery, it looks great on all their new stock without the yelow ends.

Bry

• Agree 1

For all the shouting that the changes of franchise waste money on livery changes I reckon that the DfT mandated ones will change just as often as they can't make their minds up about anything.

Just look back to BR days, only BR blue lasted much more than 7 years as the colour coach's were being painted in and if you include the change from plain blue to blue and grey on units it wasn't that much longer.

On 17/10/2019 at 16:58, TangerineWizards said:

I quite like this.

Recent photographs of Mk4 moves to Eastleigh for TfW refurb would suggest the WAG express may be formed with a first class coach of its own rather than the shared buffet/1st class set up at the moment.

Not necessarily. Think of the Scotrail "shove sets"  where some Mk3 firsts were converted into composites and renumbered 119xx.  TfW might have a similar mod lined up for the Mk4 firsts maybe ? 

I've not ridden on the WAG but see it fairly frequently speeding by.  ISTR that the first class tickets included food and it was quite good.

If that is the case then perhaps they could use more than half a coach of First Class space and don't need 3 standard class coachs.  The 175s can get very packed on this route but mostly with students commuting into Hereford and Shrewsbury.  I imagine that the express service is a lot more civilised in this regard.

On 02/11/2019 at 09:15, Covkid said:

Not necessarily. Think of the Scotrail "shove sets"  where some Mk3 firsts were converted into composites and renumbered 119xx.  TfW might have a similar mod lined up for the Mk4 firsts maybe ? 

Possibly but the formation looks quite fixed as DVT, 1st, Restaurant/Standard, Standard, Standard in the pictures I've seen. I guess time will tell...

• RMweb Gold

The mass of liveries we see today is very appealing and makes up for the relatively few class fleets we used to have in BR days.

That said in the 1990’s we had 60 different liveries just on class 47’s alone, I thin’ the record number of liveries on a set of coaches was about 6 from a rake of seven.

Edited by adb968008

• 2 months later...

67025 plus the MK4 had a run down the North Wales Coast today.

The livery on the MK4 remains the same as LNER but with TfW branding.

The DVT hasn't gained the charity decals yet, as reported in certain circles.

The sets do appear to have a 1st class stand alone MK4 with the buffet being standard class. This is a good move IMHO as 1st class is very popular with both business and leisure passengers and provides capacity for further growth.

• Thanks 1