Eastbury Yard (a modern era yard somewhere in the South West)

pitbull1845

Hi Scott.

They are lovely models mate.

Quite robust, heavy, great traction only issue I have is the coupling occasionally falls off one of mine.

I have 3, 2 DRS, 1 TPE.  No hesitation in recommending.

• Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, KDG said:

Hi Scott.

They are lovely models mate.

Quite robust, heavy, great traction only issue I have is the coupling occasionally falls off one of mine.

I have 3, 2 DRS, 1 TPE.  No hesitation in recommending.

Thanks, hopefully one will be heading for a trial at mine on Tuesday for evaluation and gauging tests.

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 2

Afternoon, 

Another rare working today,  68008 has worked across from Lulworth, courtesy of PaulRhB.

Here for trials and route learning. 

20200728_142612.jpg.4c7055a4ac2b7f7441ac74b849aef323.jpg

It will be stabled at the Freightliner depot,  where theres plenty of room, due to the recent light engine moves of the 66's back up north.

Rumour has it that due to loco shortages, freightliner could be looking to pull out of Redbrook? With several other interested parties making themselves known to the leasing company. 

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

A very up to date look at Bocott, with the new traction arrivals. I have something for your shed (from a Freightliner clear out).

I do like the splash of colour on the layout, im hoping the replacement 66587 runs better than the returned one. Sadly the orange one is not being replaced due to the colour issues.

The 68 trials are going well though.

I'm intrigued by the FL tease... 

• Like 1

Afternoon,

Not much happening on the layout this weekend, the only thing of note is that 68008 had been out and about again and has made it to the DMU depot. A quick coffee and a look round for the Saturday depot crew and then it will be off back to Redbrook. 

20200801_162206.jpg.a54679729d86152add5ce5218b76b1fc.jpg

Latest gossip from the depot is that a heritage loco is due to be brought down for storage and some light tinkering. Not sure what thats all about?? 

• Like 9

And so it begins.. 

The demolition team have moved in..  

Frustrated as usual with lack of progress and funds, a smaller layout makes the possibility of actually completing something. I just want to play trains now.. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

Such a bloomin shame mate, but I do sympathize in many ways, small is always good.

Have you considered a small Depot Layout, say like Exeter St David's for example?

This was my Kingsmill TMD, Based very loosely on Exeter, but set in the Midlands.

Remember Exeter had 150, 158, 144 153's etc. as well as Locos, most of which you already have.

I think from memory, this was only about 6ft long, including the poor fiddle yard, but it's in my link below if that is any use to you Scott.

IMG_8162.JPG.f52dde55016c9acc8deeab33e8f02395.JPG

IMG_8163.JPG.2ccb3efa63183cb2ee0a6d86890c3aeb.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Such a bloomin shame mate, but I do sympathize in many ways, small is always good.

Have you considered a small Depot Layout, say like Exeter St David's for example?

This was my Kingsmill TMD, Based very loosely on Exeter, but set in the Midlands.

Remember Exeter had 150, 158, 144 153's etc. as well as Locos, most of which you already have.

I think from memory, this was only about 6ft long, including the poor fiddle yard, but it's in my link below if that is any use to you Scott.

Hi Andy,

I've considered most things :D and to be honest that's the problem, I have too many ideas. 

Funnily enough though, having removed the station and sidings at the front, its given me an idea! 

So all is not lost just yet.. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Evening,

It's been just over a month since I posted anything, and I've been carefully considering my options. I've decided to stick with the hobby.

I've taken a look back through my old topics and I've noticed that I've had several attempts at modelling a mix of Westbury and Eastleigh yards in various forms but never finished.

Once again I've come back to that theme and will be having another go at creating a yard. The layout  wont be modelled on either of those locations, but both are easy to get to for me, so will offer lots of photo opportunities. The layout "Watermills Yard" has also given me lots of inspiration. 

I have started planning and in fact, track has started to be laid. Although like many, I'm waiting for Peco to produce more so I can carry on.

It's not going to be anything unique, just sidings, virtual quarry and possibly a wagon/loco repair depot.

I did think about starting another thread but thought better of it! So I'll just continue my drivvle and failed projects on here.

Also, I've still have a bit of the old layout, and this will be used as a bit of a photo plank (see below) which I'll wire up so it can have locos ticking over on it too. Its something that is manageable and can be brought into the house to be worked on.

So that's where I am (for now)  I'm hoping I actually get somewhere with it, I'm getting fed up with ripping up layouts.

Cheers
Scott

66731 and the Barrier wagons are being stabled at the depot over the weekend before the short trip to Arlington Fleet Group at EH.

66barrier.jpg.781ca0f5a15c5ddb66976d1817405e0b.jpg   

Edited by pitbull1845
spellcheck
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• pitbull1845 changed the title to Eastbury Yard (Here we go again!)

I’m glad you are sticking with it ....for me it’s not something I’ll ever give up but there may be dormant periods in the future.

I tend to do a month of EWS, then BR late then BR early....to ring the changes , but have a plank that covers the first  two eras best.

Have you thought about committing to paper what aspects you really want ? Try and nail it down to cover most requirements .

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’m glad you are sticking with it ....for me it’s not something I’ll ever give up but there may be dormant periods in the future.

I tend to do a month of EWS, then BR late then BR early....to ring the changes , but have a plank that covers the first  two eras best.

Have you thought about committing to paper what aspects you really want ? Try and nail it down to cover most requirements .

I often doodle and make notes about what I want, I'm always drawing plans. That's where the problem lies. I have too many ideas. Rather than sticking with my original plan I develop it as I go. This time I aim to focus on the one idea and I'll have a list of things that I'm trying to achieve clearly visible above the layout.

The layout could easily accommodate back dating, but I don't have enough stock for my current era yet..  so the 90's will have to wait.   

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Scott, Great to see you back on the job mate, keep the faith, were all behind you to help and encourage if you need it.

If you planning an Eastleigh visit again, let me know as I need some new inspiration as well.

• Like 2