Eastbury Yard (a modern era yard somewhere in the South West)

pitbull1845

Coming along nicely  Scott , 

I really like this picture, the flowing track work, nice and spacious, looks excellent! 

FB92DBDC-FE2F-48C4-997F-DCFA8184B1FA.jpeg.c546d6bc15f26e82bbc723db08f8f1f5.jpeg

Graham. 

p s, if you haven’t butchered the yellow BDA and your up for it, I’d swap it for a railfreight or loadhaul version. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

I know,  weathering isn't my thing though,  will have to save some money and send them off.. 

You could send them to the Leighford weathering yard! ;)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

66419 arrives from Merehead with the newly refurbished loaded JTA's. 

They will be unloaded at the virtual quarry, ready for weekend engineering. 

Another nice train for Eastbury, you are doing well.

• Agree 1

Evening, 

No real update on the scenic area, but I've started to look at the fiddle yard and the options available to me. 

I could just have it it as a standard FY, but I did have a scenic one before and it looked OK. My thinking is that the trains would be able to run from one yard to another, which means if someone came to visit, we could have a good operating session shunting in each yard and dispatching the freight to each other. 

Food for thought.. 

IMG_20210319_185627_896.jpg.bdea0565a76dea20cd73c0d78fa9418c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good update and first you are damn good at the scenics, the only bit you’re bad at is recognising it’s good! :) 

In the long thin strip you could have a temporary store for a works project, cable drums, location cabinets. REB portacabins (just a green one without windows) etc. You can have various cameo scenes with vans, material handlers and lorries unloading. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Good update and first you are damn good at the scenics, the only bit you’re bad at is recognising it’s good! :) 

In the long thin strip you could have a temporary store for a works project, cable drums, location cabinets. REB portacabins (just a green one without windows) etc. You can have various cameo scenes with vans, material handlers and lorries unloading. 

Thanks Paul, that's not a bad idea..  

• Like 1

Another great video Scott, you really have captured everything needed to make a superb layout. 

with regards to the area at the front of the baseboard, garages look good, I’d continue a run down look, over grown foliage, maybe some teenagers on motorbikes or a burnt out car with fire brigade attending? 
a few trees too, just to break up the view. 

Where does the layout go after the bridge?  

You mentioned yard to yard? 

cheers 

Graham

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shanks522 said:

Where does the layout go after the bridge?  

You mentioned yard to yard? 

cheers 

Graham

Thanks Graham for your kind words,

Another good idea for me to think about too. 

The smaller road bridge is the exit to the fiddle yard (which is yet to be built) I'm unsure whether to keep it as a fiddle yard or scenic it and make it into another yard so that the trans have somewhere to run. Plus if I have visitors, my kids or indeed my girlfriend (who's showing an interest in the layout) then we can have our own yard to operate and send to the other one.   Again, it's just ideas going on in my head at this time. 

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 3

Hi Scott, I am liking the videos the layout is looking really good. I like Paul's idea of worksite, you could also do a Network rail depot, it would have similar building materials plus you could have troughing old/new signals etc. like the old S&T yards. the old fuel point could be used for wagon repairs and fueling track machines etc. 

I asked my brother about the blue cabin. He said maybe weigh bridge cabin which just has sensors on the track.

Cheers Peter.

• Informative/Useful 2

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I've just been in the garage now, looking at options. 

Thanks for the info on the blue container too, that makes sense.. might see if I can find some pictures of a modern  weighbridge and see what I need. Can't imagine it will be too difficult to represent. 

Cheers 

Scott

• Like 2

Nice video Scott.  Really like what you have done with the disused depot, top modelling.

Re the space at the front, you could have some old 60ft lengths of wooden sleeper track which have been discarded and now covered in greenery and weeds (the old track before the yard was relaid).  Just another idea to add to the mix

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1