Earl's Court Layout.....now and the future....

terry.ecmr

Earl's Court recently appeared at the Folkestone exhibition and, as usual, performed without problem and was a joy to exhibit.

However, it has now appeared at over 50 exhibitions and some areas are showing signs of wear & tear. In addition whilst transporting the layout to/from Folkestone it suffered some damage. Fortunately not the the scenic parts but the front board (with viewing slots) that screens the fiddle yard was damaged beyond repair.

Taking this all into account I have decided that Earl's Court will take an extended rest whilst I undertake the remedial work and possibly make one or two tweaks with I have been contemplating for some time.

I plan to have this all done by 27/28th March 2021 when it is booked to appear at the Nailsea Show.

In the meantime some people will know that my latest layout 'Rossiter Rise' is now up and running and due to appear at the following shows......

October 26/27 Cheltenham

November 9 Epping

Feb Stafford

March Alexander Palace

May Bristol

Oct Fareham

Nov Wycrail (Wycombe) and Letchworth.

Feb Doncaster

Plus Andy has done a photo shoot which will be in BRM Magazine around March.

Whilst Earl's Court is taking a break I would like to thank my fellow operators Tony Dean & Harry Pollard, all the exhibition managers who have invited the layout over the last 7 years, and to all the punters who've said so many nice things.

Terry Tew

20191016_215654.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 5

Hi Terry

I must have seen Earls Court at about 20% of those exhibtions and it's a layout I've always enjoyed.  I shall look forward to its return in about eighteen months. In the meantime good luck with Rossiter Rise. I saw it at Beaconsfield but dodn't twig that it was yours. It captures the London inner suburbs very nicely with some very convincing street scenes- just Londoner's getting on with their lives but but veey well observed. I shall look forward to seeing it again at Ally Pally in March.

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Terry,

Earls Court is a super layout. I’ve seen it a few times over the years and a perfect example of how less is sometimes more.

It’s been one of the layouts that inspired my own attempt at modelling and got me back in to the hobby.

Looking forward to seeing it back on the circuit soon and hopefully I’ll get a glimpse of Rossiter Rose at Ally Pally next year.

All the best,

Nick

• Friendly/supportive 1