Australian Industrial

GeoffinOz

Well, I am going to be away for a month but will reserve this spot and commit myself to taking part, I think it will be on the lines of my Silo entry in first comp, or maybe a loading bay for sheep or cattle, or maybe a grain or oil loading point at the ports, maybe a wool bale loading, the ideas are endless. I will go back to my roots and model in N gauge. bought a cake today but the box was 9 x 9 x 4 so still no box to fit into.

This was how they loaded double decker sheep wagons in Oz

image.png.d9735b96616d8aad50d5136d409b1d8a.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeoffinOz said:

Well, I am going to be away for a month but will reserve this spot and commit myself to taking part, I think it will be on the lines of my Silo entry in first comp, or maybe a loading bay for sheep or cattle, or maybe a grain or oil loading point at the ports, maybe a wool bale loading, the ideas are endless. I will go back to my roots and model in N gauge. bought a cake today but the box was 9 x 9 x 4 so still no box to fit into.

This was how they loaded double decker sheep wagons in Oz

image.png.d9735b96616d8aad50d5136d409b1d8a.png

I live in Scottish Highlands crofting sheep country, Geoff! Must show this photo to my neighbours!! You have a good range of themes - look forward to seeing your model! 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I am back to modeling after the visitors from the UK have left. Now to decide what to model, whether to do the sheep loading or something else. I have some concrete sleeper track so could do modern, or use old track and go vintage. Have some interesting charts on how to load Sacks or Bales onto railway wagons. Will have to buy more sheep if I do the loading dock, but they could go on my big layout later, or purchase some horse drawn carts for wool bales.

so many ideas, might have to do 2 entries

• Like 1