This sub-forum is for the 2019 series and any individual entry topics. Content from the 2018 series can be found in the Challenges Archive.

GMRC is up for a National Television Award!

Hello GMRC fans, 

We are very excited to share the news with you that The Great Model Railway Challenge has been long listed for a National Television Award in 'The Challenge Show' category.

The awards are 100% voted for by the public and whilst it's a long shot we'll get through to be shortlisted in this very tough category, we'd be over the moon if we were! 

If you enjoyed the show, please do vote by following the link below (you can 'skip' the other categories for speed and make sure you leave an email address) 

Also, if you could spread the word amongst anyone who's been watching the show or enjoyed series 1 or 2, that would be lovely! Get your friends, families, neighbours and colleagues voting! THE VOTE CLOSES AT 11PM ON FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER so you don't have long - if you're going to vote - do it now! 

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

No matter what happens, we're chuffed that our show has been recognised and is in category with so many great programmes. And it is all down to the talent and enthusiasm of the railway modellers, judges, presenters and sponsors involved and the greater modelling community. 

Thanks so much! 

From a very happy Team GMRC at Knickerbockerglory TV

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Done, also final page got lots of Clarksons on it.

Comedy was difficult as Not Going Out and Good Omens are excellent.

Did anyone else skip all the soap questions?

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I skipped nearly all the questions. I didn't know half the programmes or who the people are. :scratchhead:

Jason

I noticed that, I haven't seen many of the so called must see dramas. Don't watch soaps. Chat shows are generally twee.

Was pleased to see some streaming programmes listed, so The Grand Tour was a very easy choice. And unlike a lot of people I do know that JC plays a role and is actually a very skilled presenter.

Was only disappointed I could not vote for Not Going Out as well as Good Omens.

• Like 1

"Chat shows are generally twee"

Chat shows exist to promote the latest film/tv programme /record/book/etc that particular "guest" is connected with, plus also providing the "host" with a chance to boost their ego.

steve

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Personally I think before the award is handed out, Knickerbockerglory should get a taste of what we were put through by doing something they’ve never done before over 3 days, another film crew filming them, told to be quiet when their filming or told “it will only take 10 minutes” and half an hour later your still trying to crack on.  Have two judges and two presenters pulling your efforts apart and when your done, line them up with the other nominees and watch their faces when they don’t win!  The GMRC was a entertaining programme but worthy of a national award, erm no.  And that’s from someone who took part.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1