Cadley Hill (Now owned by Peter BB) see Page 5

Andrew P

Looking very nice already Andy, I like the simple track plan and the add on bit makes a big difference. Also got to admit I quite like Clive's suggestion ;) That's gave me some ideas now!

Steve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Looking very nice already Andy, I like the simple track plan and the add on bit makes a big difference. Also got to admit I quite like Clive's suggestion ;) That's gave me some ideas now!

Steve.

I have to say, Old Clive's suggestion was fairly good, (but don't tell him I said that) haha, until the signals go is it could be Steam, Green Diesel, Blue era or today, so still at the flexible stage.

The Colour Light Signals and DCC80 Autofrogs should arrive today, so I should be able to finish the wiring in the next few days, then I can move on to the fine tuning and testing phase, another bit I enjoy, as this is the time when I can see it all coming together as a Layout, and not just some bits of Track on a board.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

This is coming on a storm Andy agree with others about the cut away section does make a big impact on the layout. It did occur to me that this layout could well be you 'lament' or even 'tribute' to the 'Pacer's........:laugh:.this time next year they could all be gone :senile:

You still visiting Hazel Grove on Saturday with George ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gismorail said:

This is coming on a storm Andy agree with others about the cut away section does make a big impact on the layout. It did occur to me that this layout could well be you 'lament' or even 'tribute' to the 'Pacer's........:laugh:.this time next year they could all be gone :senile:

You still visiting Hazel Grove on Saturday with George ???

Sunday Old Boy,:yes: we will be there on Sunday :good:to pester, plague and generally disrupt the good workings of Chester Northgate Shed and all around.:tease::pleasantry:

The Gaugemaster DCC80 Autofrogs today, and I've fitted one to each of the Electrofrog Points after modifying them  to ensure the Frog is isolated.

DSCF3885.JPG.916e04d2649ee36212307d2312c00b59.JPG

DSCF3887.JPG.38da8d8a0f19c70be2b2c935fa543129.JPG

DSCF3888.JPG.287646c4cfe9dc4d5c1d86e3dde28724.JPG

DSCF3889.JPG.ad94ba1568947b654793d4627d1ed95d.JPG

And then tested with my Heljan Class 33, seen here just sitting on the Frog. (not a real Frog obviously).

DSCF3891.JPG.dbf9ef66ac4cd7de34d53044200a6a72.JPG

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I have to say, Old Clive's suggestion was fairly good, (but don't tell him I said that) haha, until the signals go is it could be Steam, Green Diesel, Blue era or today, so still at the flexible stage.

The Colour Light Signals and DCC80 Autofrogs should arrive today, so I should be able to finish the wiring in the next few days, then I can move on to the fine tuning and testing phase, another bit I enjoy, as this is the time when I can see it all coming together as a Layout, and not just some bits of Track on a board.

i was going to write something rude after your comment on Sheff Ex where I am trying to broaden knowledge of international rock music but reading the above you have been let off tonight.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

12 minutes ago, shedman said:

Hi Andy, it's coming on well. I've used the DCC80's on a couple of layouts and they've been reliable so far. All the best, Trevor

Cheers Trevor, BTW, Will we be seeing you on Sunday at the Hazel Grove Show young Trevor?

• RMweb Gold
On 21/10/2019 at 19:30, Andrew P said:

Are there still any Villages in Essex?

There must be, there are plenty of village idiots in the area.

I'm currently suffering Chelmsford and it's environs, it seems they all go there, presumably for stocktaking purposes.

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There must be, there are plenty of village idiots in the area.

I'm currently suffering Chelmsford and it's environs, it seems they all go there, presumably for stocktaking purposes.

Mike.

Why are you suffering in Chelmsford? Having moved away two years ago I miss the simple things like the traffic system being grid locked because the Army and Navy flyover is closed. I am trying hard to think of other delights I miss apart from the friends I made over many years.

• Friendly/supportive 2

And so, back to CH, and a short running session this morning, which I have to say, went extremely well, so well chuffed, (well  diesel fumed actually).:good:

DSCF3901.JPG.ec71565b91473d1450caf99329409392.JPG

DSCF3903.JPG.7d3df78ae1cd8182c256abeed4dd8d20.JPG

DSCF3909.JPG.305fdbd5b940777866595563f718a747.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A couple more pics of todays running session.

Andy,

Watch out for those diesel-fumes ... can be damaging your health you know :) Also, I may be being a little critical here but im not sure that the field on the left is that realistic - im sorry to voice a negative ... but it doesn't seem to have the usual amount of detail in it that you usually get .... your not going all abstract on us are you?? ;)

In all seriousness, it looks good and I can see where you are going with this.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

53 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Andy,

Watch out for those diesel-fumes ... can be damaging your health you know :) Also, I may be being a little critical here but im not sure that the field on the left is that realistic - im sorry to voice a negative ... but it doesn't seem to have the usual amount of detail in it that you usually get .... your not going all abstract on us are you?? ;)

In all seriousness, it looks good and I can see where you are going with this.

Rich

Going around the Bend I think Rich, haha:pleasantry:

Cheers for your comment on the Grass, :good:MUST TRY HARDER.:fie:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Amazingly quick work again Andy, enjoying it all coming together in a very short space of time!

is there no droppers then apart from frogs? As it appears from the above photo all fed from the wires at the buffers? Just wondering.

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

Man of action !

I admire that...how often do we see written in RM etc...” career and family took priority until I finally retired and could start my layout “ - great sentiment , but get building I say as life can be short !

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Trevor, BTW, Will we be seeing you on Sunday at the Hazel Grove Show young Trevor?

Sorry Andy, I'll be there on Saturday. At 76 I'm finding two days on my feet to be too much. Young Trevor has become Old Git I'm afraid. But I can, and do, still enjoy your threads. I've looked at you old ones too. Keep up the good work. All the Best, Trevor

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, AdeMoore said:

Amazingly quick work again Andy, enjoying it all coming together in a very short space of time!

is there no droppers then apart from frogs? As it appears from the above photo all fed from the wires at the buffers? Just wondering.

Cheers 

Thanks Ade, Your right re the Droppers etc.

I have modified the Points, and have used the wires as Droppers for the Track Feed. Because the two outer Rails are constant  with Isolators on the Frogs, then I link across at the Buffer to feed the Rails beyond the Isolators, and the wiring there will be hidden under Foliage.

Originally I had NO Insulators at the Frogs, as the three Tracks are all dead end, and so it would not matter or be needed, that would have worked and saved a lot more wiring down by the Buffers had I just been running one Loco at a time in the Scenic Section. BUT because I wanted to have more than one Loco in that section, i.e. DMU in the Platform Road, and a Loco, or maybe two in the two Yard Sidings I needed to ensure there was no dual or reverse polarity going through the Motor or Chip.

I hope this diagram helps to explain it better mate.

861658939_Pointwiring.png.4cc33f4f001e0e34709ff20ea3b510a6.png

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Man of action !

I admire that...how often do we see written in RM etc...” career and family took priority until I finally retired and could start my layout “ - great sentiment , but get building I say as life can be short !

Been there, and done all that Rob, When I was working it was long hours, sometimes 12 to 14 hour days, and only every other Sunday and a day off in the week, so that took up things like Lawn cutting, Shopping etc.

I was also in the Band at the time so rehearsals on a Tuesday and Gigs most Fridays and / or Saturdays, so the Layout building was sparse to say the least.

Now I'm retired I have more time, plus Plastic Lawn, No Band, and the Good Lady likes her shopping delivered so it's win win for me all around.

I still don't over do things, for example I'll go out about 9.30, stop for a coffee with Er Indoors about 11, and then pack up at 1.30 and now not often do much more in the afternoons.

But I'm always planning my next little job, be it making the Car Park for the Layout, wiring the Signals or even planning and building a new Layout, so the Brain never stops working even if the arms and legs do, haha.

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, shedman said:

Sorry Andy, I'll be there on Saturday. At 76 I'm finding two days on my feet to be too much. Young Trevor has become Old Git I'm afraid. But I can, and do, still enjoy your threads. I've looked at you old ones too. Keep up the good work. All the Best, Trevor

I know what you mean about two days Trevor, I used to enjoy exhibiting and especially a two day Show, but now I find even at a one days Show, I'm forever sitting down and resting, then go and look at a couple more bits, then rest again.

I also find the Floors are harder on the old feet than I remember them back in the day, haha.:fie::laugh:

• Friendly/supportive 2