Cadley Hill (Now owned by Peter BB) see Page 5

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
On 18/10/2019 at 08:24, Andrew P said:

Morning Tony, and thanks, No things will be minimal, and the Scenic side will be 4ft x 1ft, a bit like Deesdale Road started off.

This was Deesdale Road before it grew to it's current 22ft.

724807246_DeesdaleRoadinthebegining.jpg.96c2dff64ad149869a3e540ebea778d2.jpg

Remember it well.

• Like 2

Blimey Andy....... Planned built sold 5 pages on thread before I even have time to look at the thread! Mind you I have said this before if you have many ideas for layouts just get on and build them then change again and again. I have several plans but just have not yet built one the problem is every time I go online I see another potential project to add to the list. Now are you going to have more space down south than you have at the moment.

Keith

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Well Cadley Hill now in the 'Engine Shed' as one of our friends labelled it.  We shall see how it progresses. Andy is right, progress these days is slow.

New Mills running the other night was great fun, doubly so, as club sec I get little time to run.  Yes I would have liked it but it seems that other aspects were a priority and didn't leave enough.

Rothleigh (and Swithmore) track is currently largely 'ripped up' and under everything that 'is not wanted in the house' but two small N-gauge layouts have been built, one in a 4' X 7" box, for granddaughter use.  Deesdale Road had a very successful run out in July - so nice when it runs well with just a clean needed after such long storage. 

Peter

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Sometime in the not too distant future. . . On a motorway heading 'souf', A removal truck. . 

Drivers mate   " I need a cuppa and a Sandwich"

Driver      " good idea mate, services coming up"

Lorry pulls in to services, driver and crew jump out and head into services. 

A bumping' sawing and banging noise finally ceases in the back of  the removal van, the shutter flies up, tail lift drops flat and Andy P descends with a newly completed layout and large for sale sign.

"COME AN GET YER LAYOUT HERE. . .   LIMITED STOCK . . .ONLY THREE LEFT  !!!"

:ok:

• Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, KeithHC said:

Blimey Andy....... Planned built sold 5 pages on thread before I even have time to look at the thread! Mind you I have said this before if you have many ideas for layouts just get on and build them then change again and again. I have several plans but just have not yet built one the problem is every time I go online I see another potential project to add to the list. Now are you going to have more space down south than you have at the moment.

Keith

Hi Keith, Cheers for that, I'm not sure about how much room I'll have as yet, TOPS is 17.5ft x 8.5ft inside, but most places that have Garages seem to be about 15ft x 8ft inside, so until I find the final property I'm not to sure, but it could be a little less than I have at the moment.:cry:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

Well Cadley Hill now in the 'Engine Shed' as one of our friends labelled it.  We shall see how it progresses. Andy is right, progress these days is slow.

New Mills running the other night was great fun, doubly so, as club sec I get little time to run.  Yes I would have liked it but it seems that other aspects were a priority and didn't leave enough.

Rothleigh (and Swithmore) track is currently largely 'ripped up' and under everything that 'is not wanted in the house' but two small N-gauge layouts have been built, one in a 4' X 7" box, for granddaughter use.  Deesdale Road had a very successful run out in July - so nice when it runs well with just a clean needed after such long storage. 

Peter

Hi Peter, and thanks, NM has now gone as well and I have a half empty Shed again.:o

Oh dear, what to do with all this space, haha.:nono:

I hope you enjoy Cadley Hill mate.:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Mattc6911 said:

Sometime in the not too distant future. . . On a motorway heading 'souf', A removal truck. . 

Drivers mate   " I need a cuppa and a Sandwich"

Driver      " good idea mate, services coming up"

Lorry pulls in to services, driver and crew jump out and head into services. 

A bumping' sawing and banging noise finally ceases in the back of  the removal van, the shutter flies up, tail lift drops flat and Andy P descends with a newly completed layout and large for sale sign.

"COME AN GET YER LAYOUT HERE. . .   LIMITED STOCK . . .ONLY THREE LEFT  !!!"

:ok:

Deals on Wheels, FREE COFFEE with every Layout sold today.:laugh:

• Funny 8

1 minute ago, BarryHighland said:

Did the real Cadley Hill colliery ever supply coal to Drakelow PS?

I just wondered as the power station rail access was also on the Leicester line from BoT.

A very good question.

I've only lived up here since Oct 2005, so I'm not sure as everting was closed and gone long before I came up here. As you say, the line from Cadley Hill / Coalville / Leicester had a direct link into Drakelow, so it would have made sense, if it was the correct grade of coal. There were several Open Cast Mines in and around Swadlincote, so my best guess is that some must have been destined to Drakelow.

• Agree 1

The New Plan will be very similar to the Loch Leven as that worked well at Shows and Home.

390396078_LochLeven1.jpg.4a49f36652f559f28a67a8255393becf.jpg

I'm not to sure about the Stock just yet, but I think I want to make it to be Era Neutral, so that I can run my 66's etc and maybe some Steam / Green Diesels as well, as originally suggested by young Clive M a few days ago.

As a Grassed over Sidings, very little would have changed, and so other than Hi Vis and Vehicles I should be able to make it believable.

I'll get some Timber tomorrow and make a start, but I need to work out a final Plan to get the Points and Track etc.

WATCH out for a New Thread soon:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, sb67 said:

I'll be watching with interest, I like the idea multi era layouts. Maybe a few removable signs or vehicles, looking forward to seeing your plan.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I do like my 66 and it's Sound, but I also like some Steam Locos and doing some Shunting about the Yard, we will have to see what happens next.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Steve, I do like my 66 and it's Sound, but I also like some Steam Locos and doing some Shunting about the Yard, we will have to see what happens next.

Steam locos? :O

Well I never :jester:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, MartynJPearson said:

Is that one of your handpainted backscenes on Loch Leven Andy? If it is, that is absolutely stunning.

Hi Martyn, Yes it was done way back in 2010 or 11, so quite some time ago now.

Here's a close up of part of it, so typical Scotland.

1251510630_LochLeven12.jpg.72a08068d6488bb53bdba919b5ce25b4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Repeated from a pic on Page 1, The real Cadley Hill Sidings, this is the sort of look I'm after this time, BUT NOT as Coal Mining Sidings, just as General Sidings for various Wagon Types that would be shunted from another Yard the other side of the Road Bridge / Fiddle Yard.

1926347248_CadleyHillSidings.jpg.754377d1e8ff52242b706c55f28789eb.jpg

Inspiration has also come from seeing Canada Street again at the Hazel Grove Show last weekend.

348251208_CanadaStEMGauge(1).JPG.dd839d56f0c61a85012ca106e3f0cd20.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

I will now hand this Thread over to Peter BB, and I will start a New Thread when I return from Wales.

Thanks again Guys for all your support and ideas.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

31 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Welsh Cake stock coming in tomorrow, bring the butter ;), safe trip over to the Principality :good:

Best regards

Craig.

:offtopic:Bora Dah, Nos Dah and bon wee mon pettie shon.

Further comments over on Seven Mills please:good: