Cadley Hill (Now owned by Peter BB) see Page 5

Andrew P

27 minutes ago, Donw said:

I like the pencil planning but even more I like the way you build another layout to keep you busy. Other people would build a kit or two but you build another layout. I suppose all those ideas buzzing round you head need to come out. One thing you must do is keep an essential tool kit to hand. When during a house move we were living in the Motorhome for months I did keep an essential tool kit in the MH.  

Don

Hi Don, Thanks for your advice. I have the tools, but it's the silly bits that are in my Scenic Crates, like Flocks, Flocking Device, Bushes, Ballast, bits of fencing, Peco Road Bridge, Platform edgings, Paints, etc.

Yesterday I had to B U Y :o some more Platform edging, Ballast, and 4 Points, 2 of which are duplicated in my box that's in storage, so in one way annoying, but in another way, they will still be there for another day and another project.

I think I need to buy a giant Winnebago to live in, then when the Good Lady decides she wants to move again, I can just blow the tyres up and put some fuel in, and were away, haha:yes:

Cheers again.:good:

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Slow and steady Martin, You know my moto.

Anyway, today has been a mix of tidying and Viewings here at Bodgit Towers, but just managed to sneak outside and have a hour earlier, and here is where I am so far.

The Platform is fixed, but not the Track.

IMG_9833.JPG.ddbe018ff21fe54e5d381360aa192f41.JPG

IMG_9834.JPG.d8edb3851c2fbbc16cfd964c73327408.JPG

• Like 14

3 hours ago, gismorail said:

Tell us Andy when you do finally sell your home  and everything is packed away in the Removal Van and the long journey to the south coast starts will you be setting up a layout in the removal van to work on  whilst travelling ......:jester:

I do think Er indoors would have something to say about that Martin, I feel I might just be pushing my luck a bit to far.

Besides, I've had enough of Hospitals, well for now at least.:yes:

• Funny 2

So this morning it was a walk with the Dog and a trip to my Local two Model Shops, the first didn't have what I wanted, ( a short Peco Streamline Point), but the one at Tutbury did, and so the Track is all laid and the main droppers are in place.

The Peco Finescale Electrofog Points are modified ready for a couple of Gaugemaster DCC80 Autofrogs, and the Points in the Fiddle Yard are Insulfrog to cut off the power and Sound when Locos are parked up.

IMG_9835.JPG.b4536a1059cf2d6d2fdf9efea332b327.JPG

IMG_9836.JPG.b2ded0bc8073e1822589b9e871ae2379.JPG

The Fiddle Yard.

IMG_9837.JPG.47f09004cd6c68f2cdd40e5fb2f987de.JPG

IMG_9839.JPG.45b39ca104451df51f17b232972ec439.JPG

IMG_9841.JPG.250fdd8e332a744b6a0a83deb4fc1708.JPG

IMG_9842.JPG.6c483d75f87cdaa98934589df208b136.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

55 minutes ago, Donw said:

I think this will turn out very well it seems to have a nice balance.

Don

Thanks Don, I didn't want all Track and Points, but even so it looks a little less Rural than I wanted, SO.:o

Just been outside for ten minutes, and wondered if adding a bit to the front to spread the outer Track might make it a little less cramped.:yes: almost as I did with the frontage of Porth Merryn.

1501188990_PorthMerry1.jpg.658a579beccd2935c2e467c470d7c408.jpg

This will be done properly in the coming days.

IMG_9843.JPG.ecadd87a08e4478a9f70e72065621e48.JPG

IMG_9844.JPG.d2eb300c26d11daaf29f38bbeedccb1c.JPG

IMG_9845.JPG.1bab118d8a501f72cabf5602e5ea752e.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 15

This is the envisaged Route Map.

In days gone by, there was a Line from just North of Burton on Trent Station to Stoke, and joined the North Staffs line near Tutbury on the Line from Staffs to Derby.

Also there is a Line from the South of Burton on Trent Station to Leicester, and that had a Junction to Swadlincote, Woodville and joining the  Leicester Line again at Ashby De La Zouch, known as the Swad Loop and servicing the Coal Mines and Potteries plus the Stations, sadly the Swad Loop section has long since closed.

The original Signal Box at Swadlincote Junction is the one used by Ratio and is also preserved in the Grounds of the Late William McAlpine.

1395050616_RouteMap.png.6a30774ec4531bcd97d30c5fe96228a8.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

3 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Excellent work Mr Peter's looking very interesting ....these builds are getting faster .......:scared: us mere mortals have a lot to learn :fan:

Cheers Martin, the extra bit should help with a more Rural feel, but I'll know soon enough if it'll work or not.

Still not that fast, mate, winding down for the visit to Welsh Wales and seeing you and the Gang.

• Like 1

So this is where you have been hiding.

Turn my back for a few moments only to find another layout has started...….

Getting the hang of them now, should be finished by the weekend, so Monday another one?

Looking good already.

Follow with interest

Edited by KNP
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KNP said:

So this is where you have been hiding.

Turn my back for a few moments only to find another layout has started...….

Getting the hang of them now, should be finished by the weekend, so Monday another one?

Looking good already.

Follow with interest

Thanks Kevin, bit short of materials as there all boxed up and Down Souf, but it is coming together well.

Thanks for looking in.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Can't be bothered with clicking umpteen like buttons. So far it looks good. A Wagon-basher rail bus, a Derby Lightweight, a class 15 on the 16 ton minerals and 12 ton vans and call it after some nice village in Essex and it will be a winner.

• Funny 3

40 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Can't be bothered with clicking umpteen like buttons. So far it looks good. A Wagon-basher rail bus, a Derby Lightweight, a class 15 on the 16 ton minerals and 12 ton vans and call it after some nice village in Essex and it will be a winner.

:no2::D:laugh::tease::this:

Is a Rail Bus the one that will go on the Bridge and ride on Rails with wires over the top?

Is a Derby Lightweight a Plastic moc up with no seats to save weight and make it Light Weight?

Is a Class 15 the one they did after the 14, and before the 16?

Are there still any Villages in Essex?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

:no2::D:laugh::tease::this:

Is a Rail Bus the one that will go on the Bridge and ride on Rails with wires over the top?

Is a Derby Lightweight a Plastic moc up with no seats to save weight and make it Light Weight?

Is a Class 15 the one they did after the 14, and before the 16?

Are there still any Villages in Essex?

I will maintain my dignity and not respond to your cheeky reply to my alternative suggestion.

• Funny 2

32 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

At this rate it will be sold by Friday. :D

Haha, Not if it's anything like New Mills, that is sticking at the moment, but has had 9,872 Viewings and currently 117 watchers. :no2:

• Like 1