Next Gen Bemo Chassis

warbonnetuk

New toy arrived this morning via Winco in the shape of Ge 4/4 i Silvretta. As this has the revamped chassis designed to take a 21pin decoder the first order of the day was to prise it apart th have a look inside (see pics)

Initial thoughts are than there is a lot more 'headroom' under the body now to give the decoder a bit of air and I suppose to be able to shoehorn a speaker into the factory sound fitted versions. Have a spare Lokpilot 21pin left over from soundfitting a Intermountain ES44AC so that will be going in later so I'll report on lighting functions etc in due course

Cheers

Dan

2019-10-18_13_42_56.jpg

2019-10-18_13_43_01.jpg

2019-10-18_13_43_15.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

Do we know if the motor has changed ? I did wonder if part of the reason for the upgrade was the demise of Mashima who supplied the motors. Bemo seem to have stopped supplying the part lists for new items on their website, so can't check there.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Have now got a couple more pics that will hopefully assit with the questions above.

Having installed a factory settings Lokpilot v1.0 F0 produces 3 headlights on the 'forward' end with one low headlight on the 'reverse' end which I believe is correct for RhB light codes. F1 is a toggle for the cab light in the direction of travel.

Having loosened the printed circuit board over the ends and the motor there were no labels to give away the origin of the motor but prehaps someone will recognse a supplier from the attached pic.

Bemo dont seem to be immune to dodgy QC in China as I had one of the headlight cables almost cut thro where it been trapped by one of the PCBs against the chassis block. Fortunatley it was a quick fix with a soldering iron and a bit of heat shrink.

Dan

Front_Lights.jpg

Reverse_lights.jpg

Ge_44i_motor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1