Any track planning software available for iPad?

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering if there is any track planning software available for a iPad?  I wanted to use AnyRail but that’s Windows based and I, along with loads of others find Templot too difficult to understand, let alone use.

Any suggestions would be most useful.

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I was wondering if there is any track planning software available for a iPad?  I wanted to use AnyRail but that’s Windows based and I, along with loads of others find Templot too difficult to understand, let alone use.

Search found TrainDesign, but the reviews aren't great.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/traindesign/id820553356

I suspect for most people having to use a finger just wouldn't offer enough precise control, hence why it seems to remain a Windows or macOS target.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, jools1959 said:

May I gently point out, for the umpteenth time, that if AnyRail would meet your needs, then Templot would not. They are not alternatives, they are two completely different things.

AnyRail is intended for track planning with commercial track such as Peco. It is all but useless for designing hand-built pointwork.

Templot is for hand-built track design. It is all but useless for use with commercial track such as Peco. If that is what you want, do not attempt to install or use Templot.

It will however run on Windows tablet computers such as the Surface Pro range, and can at a pinch ( smile.gif ) be used by touch.

cheers,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Trax Editor is the obvious one. I imagine an Apple Pencil would make life a lot easier (if you've got a compatible iPad).

As Martin said - Templot is not a substitute for Anyrail/Winrail/Trax/SCARM or any package utilising off the shelf track components, it's an incredible tool, but totally incomparable.