Class 313 farewell tour, 23 October 2019

• RMweb Gold

As we still have our 313's I don't have to get nostalgic for the wind rushing through the open hopper windows, combining with the sounds of the motor and wheels to drown the announcements of the guard. I have actually made a note of which stations between Brighton and Portsmouth have toilet facilities, but fortunately I have managed to last out until Portsmouth Harbour station's facilities are reached. I certainly prefer their open appearance to those horrible claustrophobic Voyagers. The 700s are almost as bad although window alignment seems a bit better. Why do the seat backs have to be so high? Who designed those pathetic handles on the seat edges?

Anyway back to 313s. We have the original one down here, repainted in a modified BR blue & grey scheme, with contrasting door colours as required under current accessibility rules. 

Southern 313201 in BR blue Newhaven Town 27 1 2018.jpg

It's good to get to Pompey.jpg

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, phil_sutters said:

As we still have our 313's I don't have to get nostalgic for the wind rushing through the open hopper windows, combining with the sounds of the motor and wheels to drown the announcements of the guard. I have actually made a note of which stations between Brighton and Portsmouth have toilet facilities, but fortunately I have managed to last out until Portsmouth Harbour station's facilities are reached. I certainly prefer their open appearance to those horrible claustrophobic Voyagers. The 700s are almost as bad although window alignment seems a bit better. Why do the seat backs have to be so high? Who designed those pathetic handles on the seat edges?

Anyway back to 313s. We have the original one down here, repainted in a modified BR blue & grey scheme, with contrasting door colours as required under current accessibility rules. 

Southern 313201 in BR blue Newhaven Town 27 1 2018.jpg

It's good to get to Pompey.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/212317446034446/

might be of interest?

• Funny 1