If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello new here

Neptis

Ok a littel about me then.

well first of i am a compleat and utter novice at this sort of thing. It took my dad who is also a beginner like me to ask me to help him design and build a layout with him. And thinking back over the years . And remembering all the times one of my friends talked about model railways and how he liked them and was building layouts himself. I used to think what quit a fue folk of my generation think. That this sort of thing was for old retired men (well i was correct it is good for retired folk).But that was before i went to a fue exhibitions. And saw the astounding efort and time that went into evry one of them.

and now i am getting into it myself and have a basic layout design. it is a shelf design to go into my room. We have most things we will need. And im curently puting together some of the buildings (oo gauge) so i can see if my desine will work and if i need to chane enything  

but i also jave a fue questions aswell. Mostly about the programs i could use to help with the layout desining (free ones preferably and for iPad). Not shure whai r to ask that so thought i would ask here.

and for things not pertaning to model railway topics.

i. A novice gardener. And i do allot of artwork as a lasttime . And im a gamer 

It was my freind that told me about this site

well thats enuf about me

i just wanted to say hello really. But i talk to mutch 

15 hours ago, Ohmisterporter said:

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of advice and inspiration on here. Never be afraid to ask questions, we all started out as novices and some of us still are. Good luck with your layout.

Finaly lol. I was wondering if annyone was still around.

but if you dont mind . I did have a fue questions .

1) is thair anny free layout desining aps. I can ise on the ipad. Or is it all pc programs.

i had to use one of my art apps (Procreate) to draw the basic layout (prototype tbh it will change when my dad has anuther idea)

2) althow im no stranger to forums of most types .10 years on a gamers forum 7 of that as a staff member before I retired from the position so to speek. Gets you used to forum layout. But this one considering the subject. Has me thoroughly stumped. Whair would i go to show the basic layout. And ask advice on it ?

thanks neptis

Not sure I can answer this as I have never actually got round to building a layout, LOL. Although I have a yard of track in every gauge and stock to trundle back and forth. If you look in the Skills and Knowledge Centre there is a topic on Layout and Track Design. If you ask a question there I am sure you will get a positive response. Good luck Neptis.

Edited by Ohmisterporter