Saturday November 16th 10am to 5pm

Sunday November 17th 10am to 4pm

ENERGUS, Blackwood Road, Lillyhall, Workington CA14 4JW

FREE PARKING

REFRESHMENTS

How to find the venue.

ADMISSION Adults £5, Accompanied Children Free

Exhibits

Z gauge – NEW – Japanese Trains – 10’ x 4’ - Chris Wright – High speed Japanese at its best with two working waterfalls and lakes plus a fully functioning fairground with seven working rides.

N gauge – NEW – Port Carlyle – 10’ x 10’ – Border Model Railway Society – is a junction station on the London Midland Eastern boundary in the late steam and green/blue diesel era. It has a harbour with goods facilities and a fish quay. The junction leads to an upper station called Marvindale with goods facilities and a dairy.

OOn3 gauge – NEW – Annuscaul – 17’ x 1’5” – Paul Titmus – a narrow gauge masterpiece. The station was found on the well known 3’ gauge ‘Tralee & Dingle Light Railway’ in south-west Ireland.
OO9 gauge – NEW – Castletown – 4’ x 2’ – Andrew Holland – Castletown is a fictional location depicting a small mill town with a fish quay served by a narrow gauge railway. The town and harbour being overlooked by the ruins of a castle - hence the name.
OO9 gauge – NEW – B**** – 6’ x 1’ – Stuart Bass – is a station that serves a hamlet at the head of a valley somewhere in Wales. The railway was built to transport slate from the quarries down to the coast but also to serve the villages along the valley.
OO9 gauge – NEW – A***** – 12’ x 1’ – Andrew Woolass – A Shelf layout in 009, depicting 2 scenes from an imaginary North of England narrow gauge line.

OO – NEW – Dunnlakin – 9’6” x 2’6” - Terry Tasker, Southport MRC – scenic section portrays a through station with two fast lines and two platforms for stopping and passing trains. The third platform line is mainly used as a head shunt for the refuelling point. The top line is used for light industrial and a shuttle service to light industries.
HO – NEW – Bits and Bobs – 14’ x 7’ - Rod Moore – another chance for visitors to take the controls of some vintage models getting a new lease of life

OO gauge – Coppell – 31’ x 11’ – Furness Model Railway Club – The layout represents the West Coast Main Line passing through the fictitious town of Coppell (Lancs).  If the name sounds familiar, it’s because the layout is set just south of Coppull, between Preston and Wigan.  We’ve just industrialized the area somewhat!
OO gauge – NEW - Brewery Sidings – 4’ x 1’ – Ray O’Neill – a minimum space layout built on a small budget, based around a fictitious location somewhere in south Cumbria, around Ulverston.
OO gauge – NEW – Six Quarters – 7’ x 1’6” – Oliver Turner – based on LOWCA. It’s Autumnal Cumbria and if you had any sense you would be at home in the warm watching the TV. But it is ten years since steam on BR has ended and unfortunately you cannot shake the desire to see hard working steam locomotives, and the National Coal Board is one of the last users of steam engines in the British Isles…
EM gauge – NEW –Winter Croft Mill – 5’7” x 2’ – Andrew Wright – Winter Croft Mill makes bleach, dye and other products for use in the textile industry. Chemicals and fuel come in using a variety of wagon types whilst finished products are transported out mainly in vans and sheeted open wagons.
O gauge – NEW – WC Boggs & Sons – 6’ x 1’6” – Marc Dobson – need we say more?
O gauge – NEW – Londonderry Goods – 9’ x 1’6” –Peter Shields, CDOGG – is an ex-NER/LNER/BR goods yard set somewhere around Sunderland around the early/mid 1960s when steam was being replaced by diesels
O gauge – NEW – The Oil Depot – 26’ x 16’ – Stephen Young, CDOGG– using the new club test track a small section depicts, well, an Oil Depot. Operated using DCC there will be scope for some mainline trains as well.  

Supported by: -

Trade stands selling everything you need for your modelling including: -
C&M Models – Carlisle - New RTR British and Continental
Crafty Hobbies - Barrow-in Furness - New RTR and second-hand
CSP Models – Carlisle – Industrial locomotive etched brass kits
GM Transport Books – North Yorkshire – New and second-hand railway books
Kyles – Workington - Secondhand trains for the younger enthusiast!
MTFG - Reeth, North Yorks – new and reconditioned, hard to find spares and plastic kits etc.
Solrail – Workington – second-hand models from the organisers
Squires Tools - Bognor Regis - any tool you need you'll find here
Stevenson's Carriages & Millhome Models - Dumfries - Brass Coach & Whitemetal Locomotive Kits and bits to help you build what you want, especially Cumbrian ones!

Demonstrations
Trainsimulator 2019 - Computer simulation for you to try
S4 – John H Wright – Building locomotives using DCC in Scalefour
OO – Ian Blenkinsop – construction of shipping staiths and Tyne Dock arches
4mm scale - Andrew Wright - layout construction techniques.
S4 – Bob Hetherington – Modelling the Stockton & Darlington locomotives

Societies and Groups
West Cumberland Railway Museum
Cumbrian Railways Association
Derby Lightweight Preservation Group
Derwent Railway Society
Eden Valley Railway Trust
Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway Preservation Society
Sian Project Group
West Cumbria Guild of Model Engineers
Workington Transport Heritage Trust

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle’s club layout Whiteacres  will be at the Wakefield exhibition, its first outing since the 2017 Warley Exhibition.

Major work on both the fiddle yard and improvements in the electronics will have benefits on running and entertainment.

We are very much looking forward to the Wakefield Exhibition exhibiting Whiteacres on its return to the exhibition circuit.

D44EE609-E05D-41FC-981A-CEF2BEB1A63E.jpeg

1B194503-EE43-4111-BC9E-D8DD6636D2BE.jpeg

4E324310-020E-4356-B75F-3DAF1232B825.jpeg

B0CF04D4-8725-4065-A79B-2B06ED11B35D.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
On 23/10/2019 at 10:54, ELTEL said:

Stafford Railway Circle’s club layout Whiteacres  will be at the Wakefield exhibition, its first outing since the 2017 Warley Exhibition.

Major work on both the fiddle yard and improvements in the electronics will have benefits on running and entertainment.

We are very much looking forward to the Wakefield Exhibition exhibiting Whiteacres on its return to the exhibition circuit.

D44EE609-E05D-41FC-981A-CEF2BEB1A63E.jpeg

1B194503-EE43-4111-BC9E-D8DD6636D2BE.jpeg

4E324310-020E-4356-B75F-3DAF1232B825.jpeg

B0CF04D4-8725-4065-A79B-2B06ED11B35D.jpeg
Apologies seems I posted this on the Workington Exhibition by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 18:08, long island jack said:

It's this weekend, come along and enjoy the fun, we've got Coppell, doing what Coppell does best, run trains!!

Coppell is all packed in the van ready, just the stock to add tomorrow. Looking forward to the show, and for the first time we will have 4 x 25k/v EMU's available for service. Plus two more which may make brief appearances! Kev.

Food is very good. Good choice.

Great first day a few coupling problems but nothing unsurmountable. might need an extra offset hook for some of the lower locos. Some of the wagons were a little temperamental and had to be swapped out. 

Marc 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I made it to the Workington show today for the first time. Huge thanks to everyone involved in putting it on, the organisers, exhibitors, helpers, catering team, demonstrators, traders etc, a superb exhibition.

I wasn’t totally sure of where it was, but the roadsigns clearly showed the way.  Parking was excellent - quite important for me as I had to come in my Transit van which can be a bit of a squeeze in some places. The staff on the door were welcoming and friendly, quickly explaining where everything was.  £5 admission, good value. First stop was to get some lunch - good choice of meals at sensible prices and served with a smile. My wife enjoyed the cumberland sausage and mash, I enjoyed the macaroni, one of my favourites.  Excellent variety of layouts and they were all running well. I could watch Coppell all day.  Had interesting and useful chats with the people operating Japanese Trains, Dunlakin, Castletown and W C Boggs - thanks for your time and ideas chaps.

I wasn’t able to get all the items on my shopping list as the traders had sold out of them on Saturday - no problem and glad they did well. Almost made an impulse purchase of a Accurascale PCV wagon off C&M Models, but it was the pre-TOPS version so my wallet was happy.

The huge screen showing videos was tremendous, would be nice to play some of my videos on a screen that big and clear.

Overall, one of the best exhibitions I’ve been to for a long time. Must be something about West Cumbria as the Barrow show a few weeks ago was excellent too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1