LNER HST workings

eastworld

Does anybody know what LNER trains are still diagrammed for HSTs, and when these are likely to disappear? I was hoping to see a few in the Doncaster/Leeds/York area during the next month or so, or will I be too late?

Stu

At present all the Aberdeen and Inverness services, though I've heard these are due to change towards the end of next month.

Also, that I can think of atm, the Sunderland - Kings X both ways and 22.00 KGX - Newcastle.

Haven't heard when these are due to change, but the HSTs are supposed to be gone by the end of the year.

• RMweb Gold

Aberdeen ends 25th November

Inverness ends 9th December

All 14 HST sets gone by end of December

some HST diagrams are already being subbed by Azumas

AB/IV will leave a big hole, as whilst only 1 each way a day, they also do a shorter turn, like Leeds/Sunderland in the same day, so this will affect balancing diagrams of others HSTs on the same day. Unlike GWR, HSTs will dissappear overnight.

first loaded Azuma test run to Inverness was on Wednesday this week, I took my 9 year old on an adventure from LKX to Inv on the Chieftain on Tuesday to see it...

This week weve seen lots of test runs on Azumas, they are stored ready to go in Doncaster IEP and Tyne yard.. its clear LNER are very ready to turn the handle, and overnight the HSTs will be gone, some suggestions EMT may take some.

E8E32B22-1089-4143-B7C0-A0D6E91FDBF0.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 00:13, adb968008 said:

Aberdeen ends 25th November

Inverness ends 9th December

All 14 HST sets gone by end of December

some HST diagrams are already being subbed by Azumas

AB/IV will leave a big hole, as whilst only 1 each way a day, they also do a shorter turn, like Leeds/Sunderland in the same day, so this will affect balancing diagrams of others HSTs on the same day. Unlike GWR, HSTs will dissappear overnight.

The Sunderlands are booked Azuma from 2nd December. I was looking to book a friend tickets for it the previous week, and playing with the dates this showed up.

The Southbound Sunderland's always the set off previous evening's Northbound Sunderland. It's booked to Bounds Green on arrival at KGX so can't tell what it works next.

There's only two HSTs a night on Heaton and the other, off the 22.00 KGX -NCL, arrives too late to be serviced in time, and that forms the 06.22 NCL - Edinburgh.

The set for the Northbound Sunderland arrives  KGX from Newark, having started off on the Morning's Southbound Harrogate, and then two return Newarks.

• RMweb Gold

The most current and, in my opinion, useful source of information on HST's is the Facebook group The UK HST Enthusiast Group where you will find daily gen about what is working and on what. Using this I managed to clear my LNER power cars earlier in the year.