Twilight Of The Goods

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Available from the Wild Swan stand at the Warley NEC show, a brand new book from Don Rowland featuring large format pictures of the British railway wagon from (mostly) Don's collection.

ISBN 978 1 912038 67 1 Twilight Of The Goods , Softback with 80 printed pages featuring 77 quality images all on high quality art paper, format 210mm X 230mm, priced at £14.95.

In this book Don talks about why and how he set about recording the "World of Wagons" over sixty years ago, and then presents a selection of images covering wagon subjects from the "Big Four", British Railways and Private Owners. Images have been selected and captioned with modellers in mind, the majority not having been seen in print before.

Simon

9781912038671.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Now in stock and available, written up on my website:

https://www.titfield.co.uk/Wild-Swan/Rolling-Stock.htm

Stocks have also gone out to Douglas Blades, Book Law and the Vale of Rheidol today so they should have them tomorrow. Bill Hudson books should also have stocks by now.

Reaction so far has been very positive, and from my own perspective it really  makes me want to pick up my tools and create another wagon in 1/32 scale - the current favourite is a gunpowder van as pictured on page 63, or possibly one of those on page 27, choices, choices...

Simon

LMS gunpowder vans.jpg

• Like 4